YOUR LAST DOG

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bet im one of the oldest farts on here, and still having the time of my life out in the fields with my mate, what a character, cant imagine life without a working dog at my side, and should a litter o

My next dog will hopefully be a pup from my current lurcher.... shes roughly .3/8 grey 5/8 collie and suits me and the type of hunting I do , ferreting bankings and ditches and bushing with terriers a

Here are my two now  ,Dont think i would have any other type when older, but Kelpies they can be full on sometimes, The black one has a lot of prey drive ,, Black one is the mum 6yrs and son 4yrs  

Posted Images

Jack Russel was my first dog and had two others over the years, my last dog will 100% be a Jack, never trained any of them just let them be terriers and best guards I've ever owned, also think jacks put the character into charateristic 

• Like 6

id fancy a pure Kelpie...great dog...independent and thinks for itself when necessary but obedient too..the black and tans are a nice type ,,but thats just colour preference...wouldnt be important really

kelpie.jpg

• Like 3

Here are my two now  ,Dont think i would have any other type when older, but Kelpies they can be full on sometimes, The black one has a lot of prey drive ,, Black one is the mum 6yrs and son 4yrs  

roxy.JPG.95a124ce251a9995c5bc96a563cd8d2a.JPG

ralph.JPG.04a39b176e87fe48c6019e5087eef6ca.JPG

5a6d6deeabfda_roxyandralph.jpg.5987723e0ef21bb4f42edbf041a96c75.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, jigsaw said:

id fancy a pure Kelpie...great dog...independent and thinks for itself when necessary but obedient too..the black and tans are a nice type ,,but thats just colour preference...wouldnt be important really

kelpie.jpg

One of these or an acd for me 

1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

I find the act"s come a little small for my taste....id like a bit of height if possible..the 3 I've seen were all around 16 the.. 

16” TTS would look like a deerhound stood next to a midget like me ?

• Haha 1

Im planing to live well in to my late 90,s....and will still be out walking a lurcher ....why would any of you want any other type of dog....

allways remember when i was 17 ,,,did a yts cours at welbeck estate gamekeeping.....this was 84....old fella there in his 90.s worked all his life on the estate apart from his years in the trenches ww1.....still looking after his little patch on the estate...

• Like 6
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

Im planing to live well in to my late 90,s....and will still be out walking a lurcher ....why would any of you want any other type of dog....

allways remember when i was 17 ,,,did a yts cours at welbeck estate gamekeeping.....this was 84....old fella there in his 90.s worked all his life on the estate apart from his years in the trenches ww1.....still looking after his little patch on the estate...

Exactly just been offered a we beddy greyhound bitch very tempted 

• Like 3

I dropped my doughter at work this morning anon the way saw a black and tan old fashiond looking mongrel about 22" and said to her that would throw a nice level headed pup to a grew, I was born [BANNED TEXT] near welbeck my old man was mates with some of the keepers was his name betts  tommo.

Bet im one of the oldest farts on here, and still having the time of my life out in the fields with my mate, what a character, cant imagine life without a working dog at my side, and should a litter of pups turn up sometime in the near future, im still in good health, who knows, ive been in the mood fer bringing on a pup for some while now

DSC01138.JPG

• Like 15

My next dog will hopefully be a pup from my current lurcher.... shes roughly .3/8 grey 5/8 collie and suits me and the type of hunting I do , ferreting bankings and ditches and bushing with terriers a few rats now and then .. don’t need a speed merchant .. 

EE811B3F-C660-41DC-B216-6FE2DE2CDD25.jpeg

• Like 9
54 minutes ago, s.e.s.k.u said:

My next dog will hopefully be a pup from my current lurcher.... shes roughly .3/8 grey 5/8 collie and suits me and the type of hunting I do , ferreting bankings and ditches and bushing with terriers a few rats now and then .. don’t need a speed merchant .. 

EE811B3F-C660-41DC-B216-6FE2DE2CDD25.jpeg

I was only thinking otherday about that litter an wondering if someone was thinking of breeding theirs, mind only seems like yesterday they were put up for sale on here time flies.

• Like 2