YOUR LAST DOG

I am what most would consider an old fart now, i have two dogs now aged 10 and 12 both have earned their retirement, and decimated the local rabbit population, but i cant see myself not owning a working dog. So if you were in my situation what dog would you go for. Only a question out of interest because i already know what i will do. But being without a dog is unthinkable to me. Now ive got time on my hands i feel like taking a pup and training to the highest standard that i could achieve, something i have tried to do with varying success what would be your goal with your last dog and what breed.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bet im one of the oldest farts on here, and still having the time of my life out in the fields with my mate, what a character, cant imagine life without a working dog at my side, and should a litter o

My next dog will hopefully be a pup from my current lurcher.... shes roughly .3/8 grey 5/8 collie and suits me and the type of hunting I do , ferreting bankings and ditches and bushing with terriers a

Here are my two now  ,Dont think i would have any other type when older, but Kelpies they can be full on sometimes, The black one has a lot of prey drive ,, Black one is the mum 6yrs and son 4yrs  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

A lurcher, started life with one an would love to end life with one about, even if it was just a well trained pet like ye say, but ye be hard pushed to find a more versatile type a dog mate an always content with a spot on couch or by fire 

:thumbs:  yeh , they take some beating, nice lurcher x lurcher  with good drop of bull in the mix 24-25in 65lb , and i might go for a bitch for a change  , loyal, clever, good temps and most lurchers are healthy , being hybrids .

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Thought u would have a bull breed ray

yep love bull breeds, always had soft spot for a nice apbt  bitch, our last one was real nice bitch loved people, not bad with other dogs if they were ok with her, very loyal type dog :yes:

15 minutes ago, bird said:

yep love bull breeds, always had soft spot for a nice apbt  bitch, our last one was real nice bitch loved people, not bad with other dogs if they were ok with her, very loyal type dog :yes:

I'm with you mate 

Image result for this house is protected by the good lord and a pitbull

• Like 4
  • Haha 2