Pellet practice

2 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Nothing wrong with the bottom ones Phil

try some jsb,s in it

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I used jsb King to sight it in and ran out, I got the samples from pellet perfect to try, I did find the longer pellets fed better than the shorter pellets. 

• Like 1

H&N Field Target Trophy 19.91gr.  I tip my BSA Scorpion .25 barrel slightly downwards when cocking it,  pellets will not slide backwards in the magazine that way.  If you are only going out to around Twenty Five yards then H&N baracuda 31.02 gr are worth looking at.

Good luck and all the very best

• Like 5
2 hours ago, just-A-snap said:

H&N Field Target Trophy 19.91gr.  I tip my BSA Scorpion .25 barrel slightly downwards when cocking it,  pellets will not slide backwards in the magazine that way.  If you are only going out to around Twenty Five yards then H&N baracuda 31.02 gr are worth looking at.

Good luck and all the very best

I only mentioned 25yds as a distance really, I,ll take them down the range and see what happens at 25 and go from there.. 

• Like 1

No disrespect Phil but I'd expect literally one hole groups at 15 yards from an R10... what was the weather like? R10's are capable of 1/4" at 40 let alone 15.  Taking the H&N as perhaps the best group on your targets there.

To be honest though, throwing big old 19 grn lead, it won't matter. Anything it hits is gonna drop. 

Great looking rifle that mate, from ya other post. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rez said:

No disrespect Phil but I'd expect literally one hole groups at 15 yards from an R10... what was the weather like? R10's are capable of 1/4" at 40 let alone 15.  Taking the H&N as perhaps the best group on your targets there.

To be honest though, throwing big old 19 grn lead, it won't matter. Anything it hits is gonna drop. 

Great looking rifle that mate, from ya other post. 

Only had the r-10 literally a couple of days, and those shots were taken sitting not on a rest or table, but I'm sure it will or I will improve... Their was some wind and I,d tried 13 different pellet types, so maybe once I find  a suitable pellet and ssettle and get use to the gun accuracy will improve... 

Edited by Phill-W68
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with that shooting Phil - that`s a good start.

As your groups get tighter and your confidence becomes stronger add another 5yards/ meters to your distance and go again and then again.

You`ll surprise yourself how quickly you will become a proficient shot with a pcp.

Good luck

1 minute ago, Phill-W68 said:

Luckily no.... Countryways down south had one In stock, so I grabbed it, £699 till the end of Jan... 

Nice one. I’ve been thinking about a .25 ultra. As for pellets, the .25 superdomes hit so hard even a sub 12 ft lbs.  the penetration is amazing for such a relatively slow moving projectile.

• Like 1