Turn up for the books

Good news, before Xmas I sent a few permission letters out for pest control with self addressed stamped envelopes for response, I had 2 returns unfortunately both NO,s, so a couple of weeks ago I sent to 4 golf courses and 5 poultry farms, until yesterday I,d had one return with another NO, BUT 9oclock last night I get a call regarding a letter he,d received about pest control saying  he,d purchased a new house along with 24acres of land and its riddled with rabbits and could I go and take a look,  almost choking with excitement I said yes of course no problem, so he,s sent me over the address details so within the next couple of days I'm going  up to take a look..... Fingers crossed its as riddled as he says...... Well even one rabbit will be good ☺..... 

• Like 5

Nice. Well done mate :thumbs:

As Archie said, they interpret things differently sometimes - I was once called to a livery yard that was 'swarming' with rats.

I saw feck all over 4 visits :rolleyes:

Still, 24 acres is a nice size - there should be something there.

Good luck :thumbs:

• Like 2

Always handy to have something outside the box and away from the rest  . a nice sized piece of ground that you can cover in a few hours no a all day job  , and with a bit of distance from any other permission  so if the dreaded myxi strikes you always have a place to go . Then the next step is your covering more miles than a sales man to get to all your permission 

Phoned the guy this lunchtime, I'm meeting him today at 4.00pm, I've printed off a small satellite map so he can highlight  the boundaries as we go round and a consent slip for him to sign that proves I have access if anyone questions me... 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Phoned the guy this lunchtime, I'm meeting him today at 4.00pm, I've printed off a small satellite map so he can highlight  the boundaries as we go round and a consent slip for him to sign that proves I have access if anyone questions me... 

Even if it is riddled with them you can soon wipe them out and leave your self with nothing to shoot

so all way leave a few

so it can pick up again.

Do a good job and word of mouth go,s a long way

and farmers talk when out on the p*ss

or at farmers fairs .

i bet you end up with more

when you go to meet him Dont go with your rifle or dressed in camo gear

hope itgo,s ok for you

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Even if it is riddled with them you can soon wipe them out and leave your self with nothing to shoot

so all way leave a few

so it can pick up again.

Do a good job and word of mouth go,s a long way

and farmers talk when out on the p*ss

or at farmers fairs .

i bet you end up with more

when you go to meet him Dont go with your rifle or dressed in camo gear

hope itgo,s ok for you

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Just pulled up there now, I'm not in all camo, but it's all in the boot ☺.. 

• Like 1

Well, the new permission is looking good, he took me round on his quad/pickup type machine,he didnt get there till 4.30 so light was fading,  he,s put new fencing all round the perimeter a couple of feet off the old perimeter fence and between planted all new saplings and the rabbits are having a field day on the roots, a small wooded area in a dip not very wide but a few hundred yds long it's a steep bank, rabbit hole's and new scrapings everywhere, hoping to get my first trip out Tuesday get there just before light I think....... 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, just-A-snap said:

He wants you only for the Rabbits Phill-W68?

Good hunting and all the very best

Yes, just rabbits at the moment,  their gonna start costing him the way their carrying on, all his saplings and the new fencing their burrowing all around it... 

• Like 1