2018 targets

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twice a year in April, and October we go to a large property for two weeks that adjoins the Murray River, we spend most of the time ferreting during the mornings and the rest of the time chasing Murra

A English estuary trio,mullet,bass and sea trout from the same river.Had the bass and mullet last year along with a pal then went up for a sea trout and a good sized fish swam into the swim,it looked

What you’s up for getting  in this year ? Different species , weights  , trip abroad ?  For me i need a fly caught  bull redfish in my fish life like the one in this pic , they are a mighty impressive

Posted Images

I’m hoping for a 40lb+ common and a particular 30lb mirror from one of my club lakes. Also hoping to get out sea fishing at some point this year as I’ve never been and a double figure carp on the fly is also on the cards. 

Currently working on getting a few more pike on lures too but that’s not as much of a target as a ‘I’ve got half an hour I’ll get out on the river’ I just keep the rod, lures and net in the boot. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

I’m hoping for a 40lb+ common and a particular 30lb mirror from one of my club lakes. Also hoping to get out sea fishing at some point this year as I’ve never been and a double figure carp on the fly is also on the cards. 

Currently working on getting a few more pike on lures too but that’s not as much of a target as a ‘I’ve got half an hour I’ll get out on the river’ I just keep the rod, lures and net in the boot. 

Is that a hint ?

Ive got so much work to get done on the boat and so little time, I wouldn't bank on it been this year ?

Been sorting my lure gear out, forgot how much I had.

49 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Is that a hint ?

Ive got so much work to get done on the boat and so little time, I wouldn't bank on it been this year ?

Been sorting my lure gear out, forgot how much I had.

Haha nah it wasn’t meant as a hint ? just a target for the year as I’ve done no sea fishing at all. Even if I just get some done off the rocks or beaches etc. My new ugly Stik arrives tomorrow morning, just in time for my 4 days off. Probably get a few hours stalking with lures on the river in the afternoon ?? Need to stock up on lures again too, have all mine away years ago. 

9 minutes ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Haha nah it wasn’t meant as a hint ? just a target for the year as I’ve done no sea fishing at all. Even if I just get some done off the rocks or beaches etc. My new ugly Stik arrives tomorrow morning, just in time for my 4 days off. Probably get a few hours stalking with lures on the river in the afternoon ?? Need to stock up on lures again too, have all mine away years ago. 

Which ugly did you buy, I've got a stack of ugly sea rods, and one lure rod as well.

may sell all my coarse gear, I just don't bother with it, will concentrate more on salt.

will give you a shout when the boat goes back in. You may like catching something you can eat ?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Which ugly did you buy, I've got a stack of ugly sea rods, and one lure rod as well.

may sell all my coarse gear, I just don't bother with it, will concentrate more on salt.

will give you a shout when the boat goes back in. You may like catching something you can eat ?

Sounds cracking, I’d love a chance to get out and do some sea fishing as I say. At the absolute minimum my goal is to get out and do some spinning from the rocks. 

It’s an ugly stik gx2 6ft spinning rod, fits my needs perfectly. Got a few other rods for heavier stuff if I need it but I wanted a small, lightweight rod with enough backbone to take a beating. Wicked rods, love em! 

1 hour ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Sounds cracking, I’d love a chance to get out and do some sea fishing as I say. At the absolute minimum my goal is to get out and do some spinning from the rocks. 

It’s an ugly stik gx2 6ft spinning rod, fits my needs perfectly. Got a few other rods for heavier stuff if I need it but I wanted a small, lightweight rod with enough backbone to take a beating. Wicked rods, love em! 

Your joking, I have a gx2 sat here doing nothing ?

'Get yourself on the wrecks, or some livebaiting or lures for bass, you'd love it.

1 hour ago, Rabid said:

Your joking, I have a gx2 sat here doing nothing ?

'Get yourself on the wrecks, or some livebaiting or lures for bass, you'd love it.

Typical ? I always end up doing it. I see something shiny and I’ve gotta get it before I have a chat with people and see who’s got what about. I’m thinking tomorrow might not be on the cards at this rate though. I’ll have to drill a hole in the ice haha