2018 targets

What you’s up for getting  in this year ? Different species , weights  , trip abroad ?  For me i need a fly caught  bull redfish in my fish life like the one in this pic , they are a mighty impressive fish  I’ve seen em in singles groups into double figures  I’ve cast to a few but no joy so here’s hoping , good luck to whatever is on you fish list in 2018 

7C447D4C-B0EE-4E89-BB46-CC0029EFC386.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twice a year in April, and October we go to a large property for two weeks that adjoins the Murray River, we spend most of the time ferreting during the mornings and the rest of the time chasing Murra

A English estuary trio,mullet,bass and sea trout from the same river.Had the bass and mullet last year along with a pal then went up for a sea trout and a good sized fish swam into the swim,it looked

What you’s up for getting  in this year ? Different species , weights  , trip abroad ?  For me i need a fly caught  bull redfish in my fish life like the one in this pic , they are a mighty impressive

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

Are they good eating or is it the fight they put up on a fly  mines a couple of certain carp on a syndicate and a 50 plus cat 

Going on what I’ve seen  of em they real spooky of any noise a shadow when casting them in shallow water  they never hung themselves , I like it when things don’t come easy makes you try harder , had two shots at a couple of huge redfish one day but they not even look at the fly . As for eating I think they good going 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Going on what I’ve seen  of em they real spooky of any noise a shadow when casting them in shallow water  they never hung themselves , I like it when things don’t come easy makes you try harder , had two shots at a couple of huge redfish one day but they not even look at the fly . As for eating I think they good going 

I'm sure you would do them justice on a plate your right its the challenge that drives you to catch I hope you succeeded in your quest 

• Thanks 1

A big perch. A big roach. A winter pike. A double figure cod. Fish my favourite Scottish rock mark again as iv not done it in years. A night session in the bivvy with my step son. My five year olds first fish. An over night session with the wife 

• Like 3

Twice a year in April, and October we go to a large property for two weeks that adjoins the Murray River, we spend most of the time ferreting during the mornings and the rest of the time chasing Murray cod, and yellow belly always after the elusive big one’s. couple of pics from last October 

14079909_1251896578153744_1136078527258682868_n.jpg

14125053_1255625687780833_573038295622036678_o.jpg

14207654_1255627511113984_8587892872207105694_o.jpg

• Like 9