quick question

24 minutes ago, raptar said:

can I ask why are nearly all the comments on here about the R8 are so negative, but on the web are so positive.

thx

It's not out of malice pal. The lads on here have had experience with or know of good and bad experience with most air rifles you could ask about.

Most people when they have spent their money will not go online and say "oops....ive f#@*ed up there". "This is a right piece of s#*t". They will suffer in silence or tweak the bad points to make it better.

Ive never needed the warranty given to me on a new rifle and ive bought expensive and cheap guns in the past.

The fact is, nobody has said that they are shit because they are not shit. But you will get much better value for money in the long run with one of the aforementioned rifles for the same money.

Its sounds a bit daft but we tend to want members on here to achieve and learn from our and others mistakes but you have to take the advice first. Nobody can make you pal, its your choice, I just hope it lives up to expectations?

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why bother asking advice if you’ve already made your mind up to buy it, there’s loads of cracking deals on the 2nd hand market, that are loads better than your chosen gun, that will well out last your

Thats it i give up

Yes I think is it more to stop someone from wasting money and having a gun that will not sell easily second hand because we have all lost money on guns and bought ones that were nothing short of mista

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, raptar said:

well if some 1 knows of a good worth well bargen pcp near me for £400 I will make time at some point this week to go and look to buy it.

feel free to PM me.

https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell/leisure-hobbies/hunting-sporting-equipment/guns/air-guns/34552215/bsa-super10-john-bowkett/view#.Wm5eUminzMI

There is a reason why a number of us are advising you not to buy an RM8 and I have listed some of the reasons earlier in this thread. I really wish I had been given the advice before buying the one I had and that is one of the strengths of a forum where we try to look after members giving advice when we have some knowledge about the subject. You will find that this is not the only forum where you will get more comments similar to the ones you have seen on here but your call matey.

There are plenty of these guns out there and many of their owners are not part of a forum, perhaps really no more than garden plinkers, which is fine but they may never take the hobby / sport any further than that. I would say that most of us have progressed in shooting sports wanting to do more and have better equipment in some cases or simply changing guns until the ideal gear has been found and that is down to what you want from your kit.

I really wish you well in your selection and hope you find something better because there are loads out there that are better. Oh yes, just an extra little aspect, second hand value is very poor, trust me I know.

Phil

Quick question... :) love it... turns out to be 3 pages of answers. Whats was the question again? 

The answer is... whatever the Q. Get what YOU want. If it was up to us lot it would be 100's, TX's, PS's, R10's, ultras, 97's and so on. Maybe FWB 124 and 127 (cos there the best), but get what you thinks right my man. What works for you. 

Nothing wrong with RM8's. All gun makes have problems. The RM8's I've seen and shot have been flawless. Opinions are like bum 'oles mate, everyones got one. 

Its always good to get something a bit different, Jesus, if we all followed the crowd, we wouldn't find new stuff. I wouldn't have my HM. Which, as an opinion, is a better rifle than all other PCP's. It's even a better rifle than a 100, hands down, accuracy, balance, loading. But that's my opinion. But it's a good opinion, as I've owned both. I know of only one on here that had a HM. 

Some lads have had the RM8, and had problems, or not got on with it, but you may get one and think it's the muts nuts. Then what can we argue. Your a happy shooter :) 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, si brown said:

That's an absolute bargain :o

......... Most places seem to be knocking these out north of £800 new.

Raptar, if you gave me your money and told me to come back with a rifle for you, this is what you'd be getting.

....... In my opinion, there isn't a better all rounder out there at the moment.

It's quality kit that'll last and, at that price, you'll easily get your money back if you don't like it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

That's an absolute bargain :o

......... Most places seem to be knocking these out north of £800 new.

Raptar, if you gave me your money and told me to come back with a rifle for you, this is what you'd be getting.

....... In my opinion, there isn't a better all rounder out there at the moment.

It's quality kit that'll last and, at that price, you'll easily get your money back if you don't like it.

if that was in a 177 I would go and get it, but its a bit of a drive .

1 hour ago, raptar said:

I had the 850 air mag years ago and I really liked it.

rat.PNG

850.PNG

As I said I liked mine, it was pretty low powered on co2, however when I hpa converted it, it ran at a very consisten level just below the limit, it was very accurate and after I modded the trigger it was a pleasure to shoot, but thats the thing, if you are spending £400 why not get something quality that needs no modding and tweaking, there are so many better rifles out there for similar money especially on the second hand scene, £400 will get you a superb used Air arms s410, or an ultra and a quality scope for instance, both are vastly superior in build quality and materials to an rm8, dont forget mate I have had all these rifles apart, so I know what I am rattling on about, its up to you, but if I were you I would pass on the Walther, and buy something quality that will last.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, raptar said:

yeah thx all, I have sent this lad a message but still no replay.

https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell/leisure-hobbies/hunting-sporting-equipment/guns/air-guns-rifles/34584948/weihrauch-hw100-22/view#.Wm4hviOcbBI

but i would still prefer a .177 

I know what you mean mate, I prefer .177 but, I have got 1 .22 rifle.

...... it hits nice :yes:

If you end up getting that HW100, give me a shout - I'll send you some FAPs. They're a nice lightweight dome head pellet, they'll flatten the trajectory a bit :thumbs: