quick question

I've heard good and bad about these rifles - there's a few lads on the VHTV FB group that really rate them.

Personally, I'd stear clear because of some of the issues that have been reported.

I'd have concerns about how some of the components would fare over time.

Buying a used rifle with a good reputation from an RFD will usually have a warranty period.

Good luck either way :thumbs:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why bother asking advice if you’ve already made your mind up to buy it, there’s loads of cracking deals on the 2nd hand market, that are loads better than your chosen gun, that will well out last your

Thats it i give up

Yes I think is it more to stop someone from wasting money and having a gun that will not sell easily second hand because we have all lost money on guns and bought ones that were nothing short of mista

Posted Images

You are making the assumption that the importer, Armex, will help with any problems, this was not my experience at all.

At the end of the day it is your money and if you choose to ignore the advice given, born out of experience of some members, then go ahead, you never know, perhaps they have made massive improvements to the gun although I seriously doubt it but nevertheless good luck in your choice.

Phil 

5 hours ago, raptar said:

thank you all for your replies, but with the s/h guns you don't get any guarantee / warranty if something did go bad  with it,  and if it is a good one like the ht100  or a gaystate the s/h price is still well over my budget.

The end result is that it is your choice and money raptar, and good for you for sticking to your budget.  The only one that needs to be happy is you.  Not all Air Rifles from every manufacturer is bad and also good from new, plenty have to go back from each one.

Good luck and enjoy what ever Air Rifle you finally get.

All the very best 

• Like 1

The rifle is basically an 850 air magnum converted to air, I actually did a conversion on one, I actually really liked it, it was very accurate, I dont know if they have improved the trigger on them but if you get one and its not so good, pm me and I will explain a very simple mod to convert it to a nice two stage trigger, having said all that, I would probably buy a BSA ultra/scorpion if that was my budget, but whatever, good luck mate.

• Like 1

Why bother asking advice if you’ve already made your mind up to buy it, there’s loads of cracking deals on the 2nd hand market, that are loads better than your chosen gun, that will well out last your chosen Gun, and are much lighter & pointable, the Gun of your choice is very unbalanced, heavy & problem matic, but crack on & believe me you will regret your purchase 

• Like 4
On 1/26/2018 at 19:50, raptar said:

well I have a budget of £400 and I want a good allrounder pcp for that price.

this is what I have seen.

r8.PNG

Honest mate there are far better rifles out there for £400

BSA Scorpion 22 or 177

BSA ultra se 177 or 22

Bsa r10 177 or 22 look around there out there mate

hw100 177 or 22

raider 10 177 or 22

and i know where there is a mint mk3 daystate for £500 off a very good mate of mine and a good member off here

that iv bought rifles off before and will again

NOT EVERY SECOND HAND RIFLE IS CRAP

i was like you and bought only new but not now if your not sure just give a shout out on here for some one to go along with you to check it out .

some one will go with you that will know what to look for .

by the way if you do buy the rotex YOU WILL REGRET IT MATE HONEST

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1