quick question

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why bother asking advice if you’ve already made your mind up to buy it, there’s loads of cracking deals on the 2nd hand market, that are loads better than your chosen gun, that will well out last your

Thats it i give up

Yes I think is it more to stop someone from wasting money and having a gun that will not sell easily second hand because we have all lost money on guns and bought ones that were nothing short of mista

Posted Images

I'm no expert on them pal. A friend of mine had the standard rotex, a regulated version and he couldn't get on with the bolt apparently. He said it was a bit sticky and he chopped it in for an AA s510. More money but a totally different bit of kit.

If I'm not mistaken they are part of the Umarex group or they were anyway.

Have you got any other options to compare it to.

The other lads might know a bit more about them pal?

• Like 1

personally I’d go the quality second had rout with a £400 budget, there are some excellent rifles in your price range that will serve well for years!

have a look what the lads are using on other posts!

good luck with the hunt. 

Atb si 

• Like 1

Shot the standard version at my local range. Alright but I found it a bit heavy for my liking and as said, bloody loud. Alright, relatively accurate rifles but I’d still put the money into quality second hand rifle. They are okay but as was said to me by Rabid from the forums ‘if you are interested in following it as a hobby more seriously, you will find yourself wanting for more very quickly!’ He’s right. I’m already looking at picking up a new rifle... if you get the bug it’s surprising how much you find yourself wanting a bit more. A nice hw100 or a second hand r10. 

Okay now my opinion....................Do not buy one.

These are made to a price, front end heavy and I do mean heavy, sticking bolt and mag, poor reg. The gun is accurate while ever the reg is working. My standard RM8 varied from 11.3 down to 9.1fpe and I was one of many on another forum who had serious power issues, I could not wait to get rid of it and as the only difference between the standard and varmint is the stock, same old crap underneath.

As already said, buy something far better second hand.

Phil

thank you all for your replies, but with the s/h guns you don't get any guarantee / warranty if something did go bad  with it,  and if it is a good one like the ht100  or a gaystate the s/h price is still well over my budget.