Baby bunnys

Went ferreting this morning to a new bit of permission, got a few rabbits, surprised to get a milky doe in 1 set and in another the  ferret killed some babys in a nest and i got this one in the net only 6 or so weeks old i think, no land owner about so got the ferrets out and i let the young one back into the hole, is anyone getting young ones just now,  (January)

20180126_121835.jpg

20180126_122333.jpg

• Like 1

Getting young ever trip now and half the full grown rabbits ready to drop.  Saw two young sat in the brambles early December and now bolting them all sizes some nearly half grown from a couple of very big ground burrows on Thursday. Did a post last year saying earlier and earlier, I think if it carries on like this there will be no real season.  Will try some higher ground nearer the moors see if thats any better but i'm not holding my breath there.

It has been very mild down here only had half a dozen frosts and not very hard, no snow just rain and wind.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

Even here im seeing small rabbits which surprises me as we still roughly get the seasons here and its dropped below freezing for a  good few weeks and i thought that would of knock any thoughts of breeding out there heads . Some of the places i go its really cold but that's just the wind howling in from the coast and it doesn't bother them at all