Air Arms Pro Sport mk1 .177

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man after my own heart but in 177 or 22 iv had both and both shoot as good as each other atvbjimmy

Everything is objective and we all have our own opinions but I can state 100% that the prettiest, straightest shooting and best engineered air rifle for shooting daytime rabbits  in God's Own Country

For some reason the PS all ways gets a good price tag if its in walnut at a rfd.s and second hand Or it could be that its the best AA out there atvbjimmy

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Why would a Walnut mk1 PS .177 have an asking price of £550 lads ? :hmm:

Also noticed a mk1 HW  eighty .22  £180

atb  Mark 

For some reason the PS all ways gets a good price tag if its in walnut at a rfd.s

and second hand

Or it could be that its the best AA out there :whistling:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ha! Ha! - You don`t stop trying mate do you :good:

What gets me Jimmy/ lads, £550 :icon_eek: for a mk1.

A Brand, spanking new Pro Sport rifle and walnut there`s little difference in price ?

Surely, the latest Pro Sport is deemed better than it`s previous models ?

"Isn`t it " ?

£555 was what I paid for my brand spanking new Pro Sport .22 in a beautiful walnut stock Mark.

At second hand values, this sort of price is either a little too optimistic, or, it is a mint condition superbly set-up example that's a one-in-a-thousand supergun. If it's anything like as good as other .177 Air Arms spring rifles, it will be stunningly accurate all right.

Have you actually seen the rifle and tried it?

• Like 1

Mark i know you love the TX but you really need to borrow a PS mate not for the range but to take out hunting mate

and see what im on about

there not front end heavy

very point able

and hit like a tank

pigeons and crows just fold and fall what ever cal 177 or 22

and just as good on the rabbits to

im not taking the mick Mark

and im not taking the p*ss out of the tx its proved its own in your hands

and as you know iv got one here to use any time i want .

If i had a PS id send it down to you for a few weeks to have a play

ill be getting another  soon if you have not got a loan or bought one by then ill loan you it and you can see for your self just how good they are .

The tx and the pro sport both top rifles and as good as each other Mark

NOW THE 97 ,,,NOW THEIRS A RIFLE MARK

THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

GEDC1225.JPG

GEDC1223.JPG

Every PS I've shot, and the one I owned, where low on power... if you class 10 low of course. But I can't argue how sweet they are to shoot. It comes from AA themselves back years ago now but they did or do set the power intentionally low for that shooting sweetness. Easy to get up like, just something you'll have to sort out Marko if you want mid 11's. Not that that's a problem. 

• Like 2

Thank`s Jimmy, - Jimmy I`ve shot both the 97 and Pro Sport at my ranges and for me the TX left them " for static hunting".

I rang the RFD over the mk1 Pro Sport at £550 and it was a miss print and was already sold for £400.( more like it).

The HW Eighty mk1 was also gone, so I mentioned the words " Get your sales section up to date" Had I not rang first and driven down there - I`d have been a little pi$$ed off !

Slowly closing my cabinet lads, I want one more springer and I`m closed, just doing my homework as I`m sure you can tell.

22 minutes ago, Rez said:

Every PS I've shot, and the one I owned, where low on power... if you class 10 low of course. But I can't argue how sweet they are to shoot. It comes from AA themselves back years ago now but they did or do set the power intentionally low for that shooting sweetness. Easy to get up like, just something you'll have to sort out Marko if you want mid 11's. Not that that's a problem. 

1 ft/lb over pure accuracy is just not in the equation at air rifle ranges Rez, for me.

"I do" hear where you are coming from though. 

10.5 ft/lbs in .177 is a very sweet hunting number at sub 12.

Why not consider a vintage theoben gas ram mark? Tell ya what my man, if ya can shoot one of those as accurately as ya can a coil, utter rimmage you'll get. From me anyway. I found they made spring shooting a walk in the park. It's such an alien system. I'm after a new one myself, but just gotta save and find the right example, at the same time, and some how sneak it in the house without Jess finding out. F'sake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I prefer the prosport to the tx every time, I have only owned one, but worked on quite a few, I can easily get a prosport in either calibre up to mid 11s  with only a minimum of tweaking, I could easily get one up to around 16-17 ftlbs if one was to be put on ticket, the internals on tx and prosport are exactly the same, so that goes for either rifle, by the way, Simons prosport was doing around 11.4 out of the box, I set it to 11.3 after tuning, in light of the fact that it would creep up, which it has to a consistent 11.7 now.

• Like 2
On 26/01/2018 at 14:23, mark williams said:

Thank`s Jimmy, - Jimmy I`ve shot both the 97 and Pro Sport at my ranges and for me the TX left them " for static hunting".

I rang the RFD over the mk1 Pro Sport at £550 and it was a miss print and was already sold for £400.( more like it).

The HW Eighty mk1 was also gone, so I mentioned the words " Get your sales section up to date" Had I not rang first and driven down there - I`d have been a little pi$$ed off !

Slowly closing my cabinet lads, I want one more springer and I`m closed, just doing my homework as I`m sure you can tell.

Mark, I have a Pro sport here I bought off Jimmy, it's in really good condition .22 walnut stock Si Brown fitted a butt plate on for me as well as giving it a polish and tune

It's got a Hawke endurance scope on like brand new with the box if need be, I may sell it as I don't use it as yet, if I decide to sell would you like first offer on it? 

• Like 1