Who says gaystate are crap !

Had a fella round today from off here, I wanted him to have a try with one of my guns to see how he liked it.

Well it certainly wasn't the best day for it with the wind gusting between 10 and 30mph, but what the hell, he would get a feel for the gun if not the accuracy I knew she could do.

After a very hasty zero, I let him punch a few targets, but I was jealous, I love her, her, happens to be a daystate  huntsman regal in .22, so I nabbed it back for a quick shoot, and considering I've not shot it for a year or so, it's never been touched, serviced or tuned, straight out the box, conditions into account, you could say I was pretty happy with the results.

shot at 36 yards on my lawn

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a fella round today from off here, I wanted him to have a try with one of my guns to see how he liked it. Well it certainly wasn't the best day for it with the wind gusting between 10 and 30m

Been out tonight Rob didn't get feck all mind fields are like lakes need a boat not boots or Welles lol and the photon had me up the wall lol but i enjoyed it all just the same

I'm not arguing that, in fairness most of them are, just lucky I happened to get a very good one at a decent price, hell I've paid a lot more for some of my scopes than I paid for this gun.

Posted Images

Yeah it's probably for the best my groups aren't shown... they were... Ahem... not fantastic. Genuinely thought I was going to be banned from shooting all together after that show. I of course blame the wind and not my shoddy shooting. All in all though, a CRACKING little gun. Seeing the accuracy of it was more than a little impressive. 

I definitely didn't get defeated by the magazine either. :fool:

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, si brown said:

the .177 airwolf I had was like that, super accurate and not pellet fussy at all....

only reason I got rid was cos I dont like buddy bottle rifles. 

The fella I bought this off was a mug to let it go, he even admitted that,  he also had an airwolf mct that was on the money, but was a grurt big bulky thing for my liking.

9 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Good shooting Rob :thumbs:

I'm on my 4th Daystate at the moment - they are nice to use and they're bloody accurate.

It's a shame that some have had issues but, the one's that I've had have all been faultless.

Cheers, must admit, I've seen a couple of daystates that are incredibly accurate out the box and never played up, but I've tried several that were totally shocking and I wouldn't use them as a cricket bat.

2 minutes ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Yeah it's probably for the best my groups aren't shown... they were... Ahem... not fantastic. Genuinely thought I was going to be banned from shooting all together after that show. I of course blame the wind and not my shoddy shooting. All in all though, a CRACKING little gun. Seeing the accuracy of it was more than a little impressive. 

I definitely didn't get defeated by the magazine either. :fool:

Be careful, be very careful, I have more than two pics on my iPad  ???????????

Just now, Rabid said:

Be careful, be very careful, I have more than two pics on my iPad  ????

What is it you said about using daystates as cricket bats? I'd still bloody miss a cricket ball :rofl:. In fairness though, a cracking gun. I think I was doomed to fail from the get go with the guinea-turkey fiasco. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, villaman said:

Still think they are over priced over rated crap imo  sorry

I'm not arguing that, in fairness most of them are, just lucky I happened to get a very good one at a decent price, hell I've paid a lot more for some of my scopes than I paid for this gun.

• Like 2

In all honesty I'd have a DS in the blink of an eye. But they are high end bling when they work. I've never known one personally not to work mind, but just hear things from others. Like all models and manufacturers, there are problems. The ones I've shot have been pretty bob on.

Think I'll have a pulsar next year. Peppermint pulsar :) and just keep it in its box. 

• Like 1

Outstanding shooting, it still takes the finger on the trigger, well done Rabid. As to Daystate Air Rifles overall I do not know, as I haver never had one in my hands or have ever been tempted to handle one when at an RFD

All the very best

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1