whats the best food for lurchers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got divorced 

think whichever way you feed be it 100% meat , kibble or mix of both consistency is the key to it, how ever it pays to feed the very best consistent diet that you can afford

Lamb ribs and neck,sheep paunch and a lambs heart tonight.

Posted Images

I've used most sorts over the years and found different dogs do well on different brands but price isn't always a guarantee of anything. After all Chappie is the best for settling upset stomachs but would hardly be classed as a quality food. Variety is an important factor and adding in table scraps along with some meat/bone once or twice a week is a simple way to cover this what ever you choose. At the moment I use Aldi dog food as the basis along with  about an equal amount of scraps, meat/bones etc and find the dogs have done well on this. The fussy eaters seem to be happy with https://www.aldi.co.uk/earls-premium-moist-%26-meaty-complete/p/066302029013901 .

• Like 4

I feed one of my dogs on a food called Oscars it's online I pay £51 for his bag of food and he dose very well on it that's a kibble the other Springer eats anything and my running dog is on beta and just put in scraps for him each day 

• Like 1

Dr johns hypoallergenic £16.49 chicken £17.49 lamb, it’s made with oats & barely No wheat, this is the best dry dog food I’ve used, dogs shite 2-3 times a day unlike wheat based meals were they can shite 3 time every time you walk them.i mix in Raw eggs,sardines in oil from Lidl & table scraps.

Always feed mine raw, chicken carcasses and necks, lamb breast, meaty beef bones, liver, heart, lungs etc, odd tin of sardines or mackerel in tomato sauce or olive oil, mix in kitchen scraps on a Sunday, when it's cold I soak the biscuits and mix in the raw, they get boiled veg which they smash down them. You tried him on raw and kibble with less protein? 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Always feed mine raw, chicken carcasses and necks, lamb breast, meaty beef bones, liver, heart, lungs etc, odd tin of sardines or mackerel in tomato sauce or olive oil, mix in kitchen scraps on a Sunday, when it's cold I soak the biscuits and mix in the raw, they get boiled veg which they smash down them. You tried him on raw and kibble with less protein? 

Pretty much exactly the same. Pups I always feed dry aswell as raw and I feed them gain puppy or Australian greyhound puppy always been fine and well balanced. Also beta is good. 

• Like 1