been a while!

not put a hunting post up for a while so thought id do one as had a full kit change over!

Monday is pretty much nailed on as me and my mates rat night... so tonight we've had a couple of hours at the dairy on the rats:thumbs:

due to it being so cold ive started using the hw 100 as the 14shot mag count is way better than changing the wild cat every 8 shots when you cant feel your fingers,

ive been using the jsb express pellets that Mitch likes for hunting for the first time and there brilliant on the rats... basically anything between 10& 40yrd falls over with a crosshair shot.. 

and using the primos seals the deal. 

got given this the other day to test and for between 750-900 quid online im glad ive not bought it although it might come into its own on the bigger stuff in the open fields,

ill find out tomorrow night all being well but for rats in a farm yard save your money!fullsizeoutput_2c2.thumb.jpeg.3c3ff2f23025dcf78710fb338851b78b.jpeg

well after all the snow we've had the farms like a swamp and I thought me wellies were gonna get full of sh1t a few times wading through the puddles :(

the rats are back with vengeance, the farmers been letting a lad with a terrier have a go just to get the numbers under control so we've been throwing a few shifts at it to keep things sweet!

we've shot loads over the last couple of months and the dog lads been getting a fair few as well but tonight beat any night ive ever had before, both of us drained the 100's down to 80ish bar and called it as we didn't bring a dive bottle... never needed to especially with the a&m's!

we didn't bother picking anything up cos we dont want to or need to and the farmers good with that too:victory:

the white blur at the Bottom is an exact just about to hit home!fullsizeoutput_2cc.thumb.jpeg.9a77e0b8ef45b72a9039f4cc43c67d99.jpeg

just a few pics of tonights tally witch was well over 100

5a666d2e3a707_YVB0kh4SS64KHRWkXYlOw.thumb.jpg.fcbdc7f9b7ec02d97837728d5a4515e5.jpg

the holes were that full that they stopped pushing them out and the rats are full on cannibals.. they were eating each other as we were shooting them:bad:

hiRbJeP3SWyE2IsAB0z6ug.thumb.jpg.b237472a205baa6265edbee5fb1ce289.jpg

saw the farmer on the way out who congratulated us for leaving his farm in a state of carnage!! lol

gonna give it a rest till next week now!

cheers si

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Nice shooting mate :thumbs:

...... That's some tally.

Shame about the thermal though. Do you reckon it's just not sensitive enough, being a smaller unit?

I really must get my HW100 out again soon - it hasn't seen the outside of the bag for a while :hmm:

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Nice shooting mate :thumbs:

...... That's some tally.

Shame about the thermal though. Do you reckon it's just not sensitive enough, being a smaller unit?

I really must get my HW100 out again soon - it hasn't seen the outside of the bag for a while :hmm:

Cheers Jon...

its some combo the 100 with them light pellets, can’t belive how well they fly!

think the thermal will come into its own in the open fields, it’s mega sensitive and picks up on everything but with having such a small screen it’s just to busy around the farm... although it picks rats out no problem amongst the tyres?

• Like 1

That bloke with the Bentley car put me on to FAP`s .22 in my HW 100 ( Superb combination), same in the FWB Sport 127.

I`ve still to shoot the JSB Express through my HW 100 KT - still using up my batch of AA Fields ( superb by the way).

I have, however, used the Express exclusively through the T Rex 200 HC MK3 .177 and that is one lethal combination as well as with the FWB Sport 124.

Hope that helps anyone  :good:

P.S.  Great shooting lads !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

ACE my friend just Ace

its been that long since iv been out its getting to the point where im not bother,d any more

if i go or not ,

even thinking of giving it all up ,

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

WTF.........................................Jimmy, you can stop talking like that old friend, it is just the shit weather that gives us all the blues at this time of the year. I had little interest in going out until I went ratting two weeks ago, that gave me a kick up the arse and off we go. I am off to shoot some ferals today if it doesn't throw it down.

Now clear your head mate and get out there. 

Phil

2 hours ago, mark williams said:

That bloke with the Bentley car put me on to FAP`s .22 in my HW 100 ( Superb combination), same in the FWB Sport 127.

I`ve still to shoot the JSB Express through my HW 100 KT - still using up my batch of AA Fields ( superb by the way).

I have, however, used the Express exclusively through the T Rex 200 HC MK3 .177 and that is one lethal combination as well as with the FWB Sport 124.

Hope that helps anyone  :good:

P.S.  Great shooting lads !

Those express are great in the 100, I don’t usually like to go below 8.4’s but as a rat basher there spot on!

been using the fap’s in The .22 wildcat, it’s another good nv rat pellet?

2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

ACE my friend just Ace

its been that long since iv been out its getting to the point where im not bother,d any more

if i go or not ,

even thinking of giving it all up ,

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Don’t worry the weather will pick up soon and you’ll be back on it?

You can’t pack it in cos you’ve got that smart 97 to pick up :)

atb si 

1 hour ago, The one said:

nice going mate thats great numbers place must be infested 

It’s rife with them, there everywhere you look, you don’t stand still and be quiet... you make sure they know your there so there not running over you feet!!

its rank but good sport?

• Like 1