bow hunting.

Just now, jetro said:

the shop my lad went to you could buy everything from your socks to a boat and trailer.

anything you could want or need, he couldnt belive it. and that was just a small shop he said.

atb j

Even realtree shit roll? :icon_eek: :laugh:

IMG_3471.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? A well placed arrow kills as quick as a well placed bullet. The only exception being head shots and if you can induce hydrostatic shock. The UK isn't as crowded as you think it is. Fact is a

Banned for cruelty in the sixties. Wrapped up in the 81 Wildlife and Countryside Act. I saw some horrible footage from the 70's that was used to cement the ban. I used to agree that it was pretty crue

I bought myself a starter rig back in the summer. Not used it much since as I've been busy with the shooting season. They're very enjoyable just target shooting, much more so than a rifle imo but mayb

Posted Images

The guy I knew got killed by of all things his bow. Apparently he was restringing the bow in a bow press and the restraining strap broke and the bow hit him on the temple and killed him there and then,  bloke was called Dougy something.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

The guy I knew got killed by of all things his bow. Apparently he was restringing the bow in a bow press and the restraining strap broke and the bow hit him on the temple and killed him there and then,  bloke was called Dougy something.

A lot of energy in those limbs. I'll leave mine to be restringed by a professional! Ha

2 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

his day was up.

at least he died doing what he loved instead of wasteing away in a hospital bed .

atb j

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

f**k yes it should be legal!

Banned in 1965, I think because it was seen as a poachers tool.

Banned for cruelty in the sixties. Wrapped up in the 81 Wildlife and Countryside Act. I saw some horrible footage from the 70's that was used to cement the ban. I used to agree that it was pretty cruel until I saw some dedicated archers hunt whitetail and elk, this side of the Atlantic. They make a lot of the rifle lads look sh*t.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kanny said:

That’s exactly my point ... stupid shit like that ..

i have a English yew longbow and a recurve bow . I can hit a pop bottle 8/10 times  at 25 yards .if I was to go bow hunting I’d go for deer and keep my shots to around 25 to 30 yards .some of the Robin Hood wannabe would try go for a 200 yard shot 

im all for bow hunting I’d like to bow hunt deer and wild boar and also rabbit .

Ive been buying gear online from cabelas for yrs,great gear.finally went to the seattle store last yr,got me son in the bow practice range,young guy coulf nt believe me it was banned here.had a bison sandwich in the cafe yum.and you can buy a boat,kayak,quad,pistols,furniture,paintings,fuk anything .huge stores,makes your wickes look like a corner shop

35 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I think a reversal of a ban in the uk would be carnage 

quite simply put , we don’t have the culture for bowhunting that the states and other places have 

You reckon? Maybe... Personally I think that as they are already legal to own, by simply legalising hunting with them you're not going to be putting any more of these tools in the hands of plebs. There's nothing stopping that now. I reckon those that have the legal permission and skill to hunt with a bow would naturally be more responsible.

What culture do you think we (hunters) would need that we don't already have?

• Like 2

I wouldn’t necessary agree with that born 

Yes, we do have bows in this country. Used primarily by fun archers, sportsmen and chavvy teens to impress their mates with one or twice. When I was a kid of 10 or 11I saw a lad leather a fox with one and the effect was pretty much what you’d imagine ! 

Luckily my lurcher was there to end it quickly 

But we don’t have is a skill set or the knowledge that can be passed down . 

What would happen would be four clowns in real tree trackies leaving arrows in the rump of every fallow theyvdrive past in thetford 

whilst the idea of it would appeal to those responsible enough to use them , the bow , in this country , would replace the air rifle As the number one idiot magnet in my eyes