bow hunting.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? A well placed arrow kills as quick as a well placed bullet. The only exception being head shots and if you can induce hydrostatic shock. The UK isn't as crowded as you think it is. Fact is a

Banned for cruelty in the sixties. Wrapped up in the 81 Wildlife and Countryside Act. I saw some horrible footage from the 70's that was used to cement the ban. I used to agree that it was pretty crue

I bought myself a starter rig back in the summer. Not used it much since as I've been busy with the shooting season. They're very enjoyable just target shooting, much more so than a rifle imo but mayb

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Hoyt Ultratec cam&1/2 60lb draw. It's a target bow really being 40" cam to cam but id hunt with it given the opportunity in the future, it's accurate and powerful enough.

i dont see why not.

if its good enough for rifle men it should be the same for people who want to bow.

keep practiceing our day might come yet lol

atb j

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jetro said:

i dont see why not.

if its good enough for rifle men it should be the same for people who want to bow.

keep practiceing our day might come yet lol

atb j

Ive dabbled in most kinds of hunting and this is a scratch I'm working on itching, don't worry! :thumbs:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Ive dabbled in most kinds of hunting and this is a scratch I'm working on itching, don't worry! :thumbs:

I was in a patch of woodland in Essex last week,heaving with fallow deer,saw several trees and actually thought they would be ideal for tree-stands as the well trodden trails ran maybe 12-15 yards away,if only it were legal.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jetro said:

did you ever have a go at it mackem when you were on your travles to canada.

i remember you putting up pics of some store you were in with bows on show.

atb j

Lots of bowstores in Canada mate,different attitude to hunting over there,i am back there in 2 weeks.

post-1930-0-05202900-1479241664_thumb.jpgpost-1930-0-06775200-1479241110_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

Taken a few things in Europe mate,sadly its illegal here,i know a place it would be perfect for daytime fox as they are many in number and come in to the call.

i know what you mean.

theres more red deer outside my door than rabbits. but as you said sadly its illegal.

pity.

atb j

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

If you hypothetically hunt say squirrels make sure you use blunts as field target points will go straight through and I imagine you'd hear your arrow twanging off tree's. Hypothetically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Lots of bowstores in Canada mate,different attitude to hunting over there,i am back there in 2 weeks.

post-1930-0-05202900-1479241664_thumb.jpgpost-1930-0-06775200-1479241110_thumb.jpg

heaven lol.

my son moved to the states last year and he sent me pics of the hunting stores where hes living.

plus vids of the white tail deer outside his house, plus turkeys.

he loves it there.

a hoilday is on the cards for me next year lol

atb j

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Years ago when I did NFAS archery I shot with  a bloke who organised bowhunts in Africa. He had a Browning compound of 90 pound draw weight and I couldn't even get the string to move let alone draw it!

I could get quite into shooting those warthogs in S.A.! Look fun little buggers. I know a chap who hunts Africa and has bowhunted too, hopefully shooting with him next week.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, jetro said:

heaven lol.

my son moved to the states last year and he sent me pics of the hunting stores where hes living.

plus vids of the white tail deer outside his house, plus turkeys.

he loves it there.

a hoilday is on the cards for me next year lol

atb j

Basspro/cabelas is THE shit! I went everyday I was within walking distance last time i was there. :laugh:

IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1