bow hunting.

16 minutes ago, Puzzled said:

that bear hunt wouldnt appeal to me at all....a bit too long for its demise...its something that never appealed to me ,,but each to their own...i wouldnt condemn it ,,but i would rather use a rifle  

ive shot bears with a .375hh, blew there lungs and heart right out, and you still wonder at the shot if you missed or not ,they rarely drop to the shot.they have a really slow heart rate and tend to stay on there feet for a while

not for everyone, but like all predators they need controlling

• Like 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? A well placed arrow kills as quick as a well placed bullet. The only exception being head shots and if you can induce hydrostatic shock. The UK isn't as crowded as you think it is. Fact is a

Banned for cruelty in the sixties. Wrapped up in the 81 Wildlife and Countryside Act. I saw some horrible footage from the 70's that was used to cement the ban. I used to agree that it was pretty crue

I bought myself a starter rig back in the summer. Not used it much since as I've been busy with the shooting season. They're very enjoyable just target shooting, much more so than a rifle imo but mayb

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, mackem said:

The gun was for self preservation,always have a plan B just in case things go tits up as it appears to have done,that guy missed with his first arrow and it didn't look to be a good hit with the second,archers fault not the equipments but the bear didn't look too happy when it charged them :icon_eek:

I don't think I would be with 2 arrows hanging out me .mind makes you think when the native Americans done it with bow an spear.

1 hour ago, DanielG said:

when i first got into bowhunting in canada, i tried to carry a rifle also, it doesnt work !

you cant shoot a bow and hold a rifle at the same time it throws your balance. so i stopped taking a gun 

success soon followed

Can you carry a revlover instead of a rifle.

Atb j

Just yesterday evening the amount of wild goats that came up to the back of my house was unreal. If I could use a bow I'm sure I could have taken two for the freezer.

That's the thing here. I wouldnt have to travel for hunting at all.

It's frustrating to say the least.

Atb j

• Like 1

not in canada its illegal

in alaska you can, but you really need to practice. with your bow and then you shouldnt need a pistol.

personally i feel safer with a bow than a pistol.

i would rather carry pepper spray than a hand gun, not easy shooting live stuff with a pistol

I could never shoot well with a hand gun its the double trigger thing !

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, mackem said:

Watch the vid Jetro.

Thanks for that Mackem. 

Great vid. And some fine shooting. 

I'm sitting here watching this with itchy trigger fingers ??.

Said it before it's a real shame you can't do this where we live. 

Atb j

On 2/1/2018 at 10:23, The one said:

Great bit of field craft getting that close to the moose 

You can drive up to them in a lot of states! :laugh:

On 2/1/2018 at 16:15, Meece said:

It was all a situation of accuracy and power. It might be ok to shoot a deer out in the wilds of America or Canada which might take a long time to bleed out and keel over but it wouldn't go down well in this crowded island. Dead is dead but it has to be quick and humane and an arrow doesn't fit the pattern.

I agree in principle but these are just tools for a purpose.

Skill trumps gear. I've seen much worse from the rifle lads. I've seen much worse from dog lads. I agree that we should be making things dead as quickly and as humanely as possible but anyone who says they've never f*ck*d up is a liar but then we now live in an era where those f*ck ups are videoed and distributed for all to see.

We should be fighting the real enemy not picking on each other in what's becoming a classic divide and conquer.

Edited by ChrisJones
Typos
  • Like 1