deff got to be more Vigilant with Buck !!

Had lucky escape with Buck again , he seen a cat  cross a fairly  busy road , and went after it, the cat was by a hedgerow  i didnt see it, but that big bugger did, i called him but no way would he stop , not so long ago a fox was coming up a track not far from this road he went for it,  but the fox stayed in track and made of this wood , another time he seen a muntjac that  was in some thick cover  by a road and chased it across to a wood. i think what ive got  change with him, is last part of walk  , the last say  10 mins of the walk not far from where i park my motor , i will have to lead him up deff . the walk most common ground  , not far from national trust ground  , it quite popular  walk with lot of dog walkers, and it not a bad walk being honest, most people are ok with on average friendly  dogs , and norm dont see any game  hardly  any rabbits the odd fox or munjak  , so suppose really ive never thought about it, but bloody Buck seems to see them or find them he come out of woods with them charlie or a cat he up for  the bloody things . , i could always call Bryn off most stuff, but no way with Buck , ive had couple  close calls with Buck now, if dont lead him  bit more as above, he could get killed one day .!!

18 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I think it would have to be bigger than 3.5 tonne to skittle buck,he would probably right off a hatchback ?

haha  , never thought of it like that lol,  mind  suppose when full flatout  after something   it be  bloody hard  not to see him  lol .

I got an old girl a bit like him, deer, fox, cats and she was on it in a flash,  she wrecked her cruciate ligament chasing a fallow,  thankfully she has slowed down in older age, but still comes to life when she sees something, and surprisingly quick and nimble when the mood takes her.

4 hours ago, Rabid said:

I got an old girl a bit like him, deer, fox, cats and she was on it in a flash,  she wrecked her cruciate ligament chasing a fallow,  thankfully she has slowed down in older age, but still comes to life when she sees something, and surprisingly quick and nimble when the mood takes her.

true ,  the way they get on to things in secs , it takes you by surprise  deff. 

5 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

Scary stuff mate, heart in your mouth, it happens learn from it, put him on the lead there from now on.  

100%   right :thumbs:  , you really can't relax with him  , he always looking for stuff  to chase/kill  , my old dog Bryn  who very good hunter  marking    and finding stuff  , but even when younger  , was never  like Buck,   Buck  that bit more full on  , so going  lead him up there  and few other places  that not far from roads , i remember  once   couple years ago , was  walking in the day , lovely nice walk  , when  some  Fallow   came to  a edge  of a wood , he seen them   went like rocket   to them,  he was away 1 feckin hour,  he came back  , but  was hell !   waiting,  he still the same  , he still  as keen .:yes:

More of a good thing than a bad thing being keen, some people would pay good money to bottle that for their dogs, just got to be aware that thats one of his traits, can't blame a dog for having a prey drive so high that he can't help himself no matter the consequence, it can be annoying but I understand it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23 January 2018 at 11:55, bird said:

100%   right :thumbs:  , you really can't relax with him  , he always looking for stuff  to chase/kill  , my old dog Bryn  who very good hunter  marking    and finding stuff  , but even when younger  , was never  like Buck,   Buck  that bit more full on  , so going  lead him up there  and few other places  that not far from roads , i remember  once   couple years ago , was  walking in the day , lovely nice walk  , when  some  Fallow   came to  a edge  of a wood , he seen them   went like rocket   to them,  he was away 1 feckin hour,  he came back  , but  was hell !   waiting,  he still the same  , he still  as keen .:yes:

Lol killed in Ray atb bunnys