Importing a dog

17 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

True,the staghounds here are pretty good and almost always been hunting dogs for the last 200 years of breeding.Rarely are they kept as pets.

i've always thought  , that either a stag from Oz , or deff a stag from the usa   ,  yote   hounds the ones Dan on here uses  old proven line of killing yote dogs, they deff improve  our deerhound xs we got over here. them yote dogs are tackling /killing  35-40lb yotes , x back to our dogs , they piss over bloody 20lb dogfox  we got here :yes: .  i like deerhounds there great old breed  with good temps, but our dogs got over big, unhealthy , and lost that bit of grit in them, them  yote stags , would deff stiffen   the back bone up of out breed here . :yes:

• Like 3

I have just imported one from Canada, cost a fortune, but she should be worth it, it is 8 months old now, hardly need a leash on it , recall getting better every time we go out, she has not seen anything yet but a big dog does not want entering too soon. 

DSCN0703.JPG

• Like 3

No quarantine if everything is done [BANNED TEXT] at the other end. Pups need to have all their injections and been wormed and chipped, they need a Rabies injection at 4 months old  and have to be inspected by a vet halfway through the next month and again 2 days before shipping, they cannot be shipped until at least one month from having the rabies jab.

Europe will not be as bad, you need a pet passport, i dont think there is any rabies in Europe, but Canada and the states are rife with it.

2 hours ago, Westyorkshire_lad said:

What sort of money does it cost to bring something over out of Europe? Does it have to go in quarantine?

Travel costs and the price of a passport mate. It's really simple to do. Pm me of you need any help ;)

48 minutes ago, myersbg said:

No quarantine if everything is done [BANNED TEXT] at the other end. Pups need to have all their injections and been wormed and chipped, they need a Rabies injection at 4 months old  and have to be inspected by a vet halfway through the next month and again 2 days before shipping, they cannot be shipped until at least one month from having the rabies jab.

Europe will not be as bad, you need a pet passport, i dont think there is any rabies in Europe, but Canada and the states are rife with it.

There IS rabies in Europe mate ?

On 1/21/2018 at 23:31, keepdiggin said:

Who was the chap who imported a dog from Australia I was just wondering how it was getting on 

Think it was k9yle and he was using it for tracking feral boar in the forest of dean and the  dog might have been from NZ. It was an interesting thread, but can't find it with the forum search.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Think it was k9yle and he was using it for tracking feral boar in the forest of dean and the  dog might have been from NZ. It was an interesting thread, but can't find it with the forum search.

Yea he did I seen the dog in action and to say impressive would be under statement very nice dog ! 

• Like 3