Modern and Classic spring rifle training.

The vermin don`t like `em Matt :laugh:

I`ve learned a very sneaky lesson with the FAP`s too mate . :good:

I had no other .22`s pellets when I got the FWB 127 and initial tests showed they were not compatible .

Now after  50 shots after a clean barrel they were so, so.

After 200 shots they were 2p piece groups.

500 shots up until today that 127 is in a league of it`s own - drawing pin head groups all the time.

Had I just gone off a 20 or 30 pellet test pack I`d never have known.

The 127 has had a good few thousand rounds now and very well bedded and leaded in :good:

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, mark williams said:

The vermin don`t like `em Matt :laugh:

I`ve learned a very sneaky lesson with the FAP`s too mate . :good:

I had no other .22`s pellets when I got the FWB 127 and initial tests showed they were not compatible .

Now after  50 shots after a clean barrel they were so, so.

After 200 shots they were 2p piece groups.

500 shots up until today that 127 is in a league of it`s own - drawing pin head groups all the time.

Had I just gone off a 20 or 30 pellet test pack I`d never have known.

The 127 has had a good few thousand rounds now and very well bedded and leaded in 

Goes to show that time can be a game changer with pellets.

All the very best for you and yours Mark

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

Do you remember Davy saying to Mitch was it ? 

Give it time to learn it`s character and way it shoots when talking about buying a .177 HW 95 whilst already owning a .22 HW 95 ( forgive me if I`m wrong Mitch) ?

I have three spring rifles Phil and two PCP`s and the second you put one down for a week or two you need a session or two to bring her back.

It is a drawing pin at 38 yds not a 5p piece but there you go.

Here`s the 124 when I was shooting "just her"  8 shots under a 5p piece at 38 yds.

IMG_0749.JPG.939fe774d91f3b812f585cf3899e5eb6.JPG

Says a lot the old game keepers saying to me as a lad 

Aye lad, fear only " one man with one rifle"

If this rain stops today I`m on my garden range again.

I`m sure though Phil, if shot off a bench and bags those groups would tighten up a little more rather than the Primos but I always practice for the field.  :good:

atb

• Like 3

It would make little difference shooting off a bench rest to me Mark, they would still be all over the place. I simply do not have the patience to keep working with springers, a tuned version is something else however.

I see your point regarding picking up another springer and have to get used to it all over again.

Phil

• Like 1