Average size of British dogs

What's the average size height,weight of you guys dogs?

Everyone here is obsessed with small dogs the smaller the better they think.

I just wonder cause what I'm seeing is a lot bigger sturdier looking dogs more than what guys prefer here.I honestly like what I see over there than here.

Thnx

(i don't know the difference between British and Irish but meant everyone on your side .sorry if it sounds rude,not meant to)

Its not a case of preferring a small dog, its a case of the small dog cant physically do the job that some lads put in from of them. I like to see a small dog do well as it shows heart, but they just dont have the substance to do the job consistantly and comfortably over here. 

• Like 4

14-15" and strong with it is my perfect type of terrier. I'm not a lover of these 18"+ monsters, they're nice to look at but when it gets down to the nitty gritty their size is a hindrance in most earths and they make the job more difficult IMO. At the other end of the spectrum, a small bitch with no chest is handy to have for your rabbity spots but at the same time that's usually the only job they excel at. 

• Like 5

Thats a good looking dog liamdelaney.I like dogs like that.They got some small useful ones around here but if it comes to it there limited to what they can do even if they want to.kind of a shame cause more fire than body to back it up.I ain't complaining cause I'm happy with any i can use but like a bigger one.

• Like 1