I have jumped a page or two here so sorry if this has been covered. Do you have a spare scope to try, that would take care of the scope situation. What scope are you using as I may have something you could borrow if you don't have a spare.

One other thing to chuck into the equasion is the mounts. A few years ago, I had a set of Hawke mounts on my HW100 and I had variation of zero over different distances on the windage turret and no matter what I did, I could not get to the bottom of the issue so I bought a set of BKL mounts........................no more issues. Just a thought.

Phil

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So when you zeroed the rifle, you would have dialled in windage adjustments to compensate for the lateral deviation of the pellet. Unfortunately, that will be the only point on the pellet’s trajectory

I don't see how you can possibly put it down to 'wear and tear', it's a scope for feck sake, not a set of tyres or brake pads, it either works or its buggered,    my shooting buddy had had a

bn uses a hw100.. ive heard of people stripping the grease out cos if theres to much it loses power on cold/freezing days! theres a thing on youtube about it sure it was only about 1/2ftlb might

Just cronod it and from full last time i checked it was 11.7 -11.8 ftlb prety much all the time.

Today it started at 11.2 then 11.5 with 1 full mag, 14 shots the highest was 11.5 and lowest 11.2 and all different in between so could that be the problem.

( and whats causing this)

I checked the silencer and its not clipping it.

15 minutes ago, big napper said:

Just cronod it and from full last time i checked it was 11.7 -11.8 ftlb prety much all the time.

Today it started at 11.2 then 11.5 with 1 full mag, 14 shots the highest was 11.5 and lowest 11.2 and all different in between so could that be the problem.

Sounds quite a variation for a hw mate, I would stab a guess it needs a service and seals.

rather than working on ft lb, can you stick the string up showing variation between fps ? I run mine over the chrono and I had an extreme spread of 4fps on a full mag, and 6fps over 3mags, yours sounds a heck of a lot more than that.

another way to check, can you fix the gun in a bench vice and see how it shoots, if the gun cannot move, but the shots do, you know it's not the scopeand has to be the gun or pellet.

• Like 2

I cant remember ever getting it a full service and reseal so i think il get that done first ( it must need one by now) and if it happens after that il just get a new scope, between those two it should sort the problem out, cheers for all the help and advice lads.

1 hour ago, big napper said:

That variation might just be the pellets.. only takes about 10 fps with say a heavy pellet to go from 11.2 to 11.5. Wouldn't have thought 10 fps would knock your zero off bn.