Netflix recommendation

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

look into BAD DAY FOR THE CUT.... its an Irish made film......very enjoyable..i was thinking it was going to be bollox but it was a simple but effective piece of work   https://www.rottentom

These c**ts on here won't watch anything with subtitles lol You seen Babylon Berlin?

Not released in my region until February but it allows me to pre-list it.

10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Loads of good stuff on it 

docs wise , fittest on earth is good 

loads of nature ones 

a few oldies as well , well worth a fiver a month 

im a bit of a froning fan...watched loads of stuff about him.....and the other crossfit competitors...fraser,,,smith,,bridges,,,bailey ect

Your at the wind there rusty terrier 

imho opinion cross fit has revolutionised fitness, it’s made training a sport as opposed to specificity training for the sport you do . 

The kipping thing is essential for the sheer volume of pull ups 

who can seriously deliver 15 reps for ten sets spread between deadlifts burpees or what ever else is in the wod 

making fitness accessible is a key component of the true CrossFit mantra , alongside the functional movements and correct form. 

Take deadlift and squat , other than serious Olympic lifters , pre CrossFit era who did that in the gym? 

Now it’s a common vocabulary usage for every day conversation , 

“bet she squats ?!” Etc. 

Anything that allows fun into fitness or a competitive edge can never be a bad thing . 

In another plus side , CrossFit encompasses the entire spectrum , diet , education, mobility  , if by bringing mobility to the masses and extended peoples mobility into later life. How can you not like it? 

I was a critic of it, massively , enjoyed thought it was a fad , I believed in cardio, dips and heaves. 

And instead of being achy and stiff three times a week , we train most days . And barely an ache between us . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

Is that about Operation Anthropoid - the assassination of Reinhardt Heidrich ? If it is, I thoroughly enjoyed the earlier made "Anthropoid"......... excellent film.

Yes mate..was a ok watch

Additionally , 

in 2013 I ran 1:22 for a half marathon, a week later I picked up 215 kg for a one rep max dead lift 

im 5 foot 10 and will never be accused of bulimic 

I never ran more than a mile or lifet more than 5 reps of any serious weight in the previous 3 months 

just ate clean and did 2 wods a day 

the difference was sensational 

I totally get that but as stated , and in truth, the average gym goer pre CrossFit  did twenty mins in the treadmill watching telly and three sets for ten on the pec a dec . 

Now their warm up is longer than there session . 

This can only be a good thing imho 

the kippng thing is to encourage mass reps , otherwise you’d have to have done three years of training before a CrossFit cycle lol 

I’m aware of the injury rate , I went to the bone in my shins in a box two years ago and had 30 staples in , 

bit that’s my only wounds 

when I played football , I did my ankle every other week 

Just seen a youtube video on kipping pullups, looks a bit of a cheat, but their again, if it helps reps then it would be motivating I guess. I do a few pull ups but not on a bar but an 'i' beam thats handy at work, wouldnt get the grip for swinging like they do on the kipping lark. 

Worthy of a different thread.

1 minute ago, Waz said:

Just seen a youtube video on kipping pullups, looks a bit of a cheat, but their again, if it helps reps then it would be motivating I guess. I do a few pull ups but not on a bar but an 'i' beam thats handy at work, wouldnt get the grip for swinging like they do on the kipping lark. 

Worthy of a different thread.

Unless you are competing in the sport of Crossfit then using bands to assist strict pull-ups is probably more suitable for the average gym goer.

I think, like you say, whatever motivates you is generally a good thing. The standard routine can be f***ing mind numbing.

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Your at the wind there rusty terrier 

imho opinion cross fit has revolutionised fitness, it’s made training a sport as opposed to specificity training for the sport you do . 

The kipping thing is essential for the sheer volume of pull ups 

who can seriously deliver 15 reps for ten sets spread between deadlifts burpees or what ever else is in the wod 

making fitness accessible is a key component of the true CrossFit mantra , alongside the functional movements and correct form. 

Take deadlift and squat , other than serious Olympic lifters , pre CrossFit era who did that in the gym? 

Now it’s a common vocabulary usage for every day conversation , 

“bet she squats ?!” Etc. 

Anything that allows fun into fitness or a competitive edge can never be a bad thing . 

In another plus side , CrossFit encompasses the entire spectrum , diet , education, mobility  , if by bringing mobility to the masses and extended peoples mobility into later life. How can you not like it? 

I was a critic of it, massively , enjoyed thought it was a fad , I believed in cardio, dips and heaves. 

And instead of being achy and stiff three times a week , we train most days . And barely an ache between us . 

good post apart from the middle sentence about squats and deadlift......ive never been to a gym where these wernt comon practice....along with pressing ...

i do agree though rusty some of the deadlifting is terrible form,,,theres a vid with jason kalipa ,,,and the dude that runs crossfit deadlifting and the dude that runs it will end up in serriouse truble...

if you like the gym fails type stuff ,,,follow this guys chanel...infinite Elgintensity,,,,,hes very funny,,,,always roasting folk and does a section impersinating Rich Piana...taking the piss out of crossfiters....

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Seriously I appreciate folk doing their best to keep fit by doing whatever they can. But the potential for injury in crossfit is very high due to the unorthodox and impractical movements.  I know what you are saying abuut adding more reps by kipping . But whats the point ? Its not really a pull up .surely starting off working upto  5x5 strict then adding weight  each week and sticking to 5x5 woukd serve you better ? If your happy then fair enough it's better than sitting on the couch but I think there is alot better and safer and more realistic ways to train.

its the olympic lifts that are the real concern for me.....its such a technical thing to lern... external ,,,internal rotation ect ...most box,s have specific days with a class just to lern ....but i bet there are some boxes where the instructor has just done some course...rather than years of experiance in olympic lifting