Figurita Pigeons ?

3 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

A friend of mine had some the last time I talked to him I think he used them to bring in his racing pigeons I'm sure he'd give me a couple if you want more or need an extra hen or cock.

Thanks Peter. Getting a few birds shouldn't be a problem. Does your friend allow them out to bring in his racers as I'm led to believe the Figuritas have bad homing instincts.

I was just wondering were they highly strung etc. as a lot of ornamental birds can be and I don't want that. 

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Are they only small tiny things?? Better off with pouters? but I’m biased ?? or even rollers if ye don’t fancy homers mate

I was thinking strongly about getting some Birmingham Rollers but like anything I do I get into it in to big  so time spent flying them would take away from time with the dogs and fowl. After seeing my friends Figuritas that are small, beautiful and without the exaggerations you see on some fancy pigeons I took a fancy to them.

37 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

Thanks Peter. Getting a few birds shouldn't be a problem. Does your friend allow them out to bring in his racers as I'm led to believe the Figuritas have bad homing instincts.

I was just wondering were they highly strung etc. as a lot of ornamental birds can be and I don't want that. 

Yeah Neill from what I remember him saying that he let's them out to bring in the racer's but I didn't really get into it with him because I'd end up getting the goo for some and end up with 50 of the cnuts haha,I've kept Tumbler's on and off all my life I'd love to have some but my back garden is only the size of my kitchen and I just don't have the room but I'm hoping to move in the next year or two then I'm getting the young lad a few pair's of Tumbler's.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Peter I keep a pair in a hutch ??? but like I said most days an I mean all but the windiest of days mine are out, my lad loves opening them up an even if it’s nad weather they just hunker down somewhere in garden??

Im in two mind's to get a small box and and put it on the fence and get a pair,I remember when I was a kid we had an old fridge out the back and I kept a pair in the freezer part for months before I got a loft built for them.

10 hours ago, gnipper said:

Not every day no. Some lads lock them up all winter and I think the comp flyers only fly there comp teams every few days.

That's interesting Gnipper because I don't want something that would take time away from my other animals but I do like a practical side to the animals I keep. I've always fancied some Rollers.