How to get rid of notifications!

Since the site has changed I keep getting a notification every time someone either likes or posts on a topic I've commented on, despite having 'turned off' this option in my settings menu. How can I get rid of these, apart from never posting or 'liking' anything?

6 minutes ago, jok said:

Eh up Walshie. Tried the same thing but not happening. ? Who's starting the 6 Nations wind up ??? got a brand new shirt to get out of the bag. Jok.

Keep playing with the notification options. Not 100% sure how I did mine but I don't get any now.

Best wear your top now before it get's too embarrassing. :laugh:

16 hours ago, skycat said:

Since the site has changed I keep getting a notification every time someone either likes or posts on a topic I've commented on, despite having 'turned off' this option in my settings menu. How can I get rid of these, apart from never posting or 'liking' anything?

this could be the issue

Browser notifications enabled

Your browser has enabled desktop notifications, allowing us to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window.

but i dont know how to disable it.

also you might have to manually go back to the threads you posted in and disable from there,thats a long winded way

of sorting it out

Edited by Ted Newgent
On 1/18/2018 at 05:00, skycat said:

@skycat

Click your name on the top right-hand side of the screen.

Click Account Settings

Settings1.png.adc7dbd5ad2ea9420e5d0ca5937581cf.png

Scroll down the screen and go over to Other Settings. Under that heading is Notification Settings, Edit Profile, and Ignore Users.

Settings2.png.60b18e6c774a42e2eb67322c2cf94a41.png

Click Notification Settings.

This screen tunes all the alerts you get from the forum. You'll just have to take few minutes to able/disable your options.

Settings3.png.a167707ba608c07549a6c6ef8f968326.png

Settings4.png.bbd982f2bd92c6c9533e355e250795ae.png

Some of the options you cannot disable as they've been set by the forum administrator.

Just don't forget to hit Save before you're done.

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Thanks very much for that detailed run through, but I have actually done all that and I still get notifications. It seems impossible to turn off some notifications without losing the personal message option as well. 

3 minutes ago, skycat said:

Thanks very much for that detailed run through, but I have actually done all that and I still get notifications. It seems impossible to turn off some notifications without losing the personal message option as well. 

Gotcha! Yeah, unfortunately, there are some you can't get rid of but I hope you've found out how to minimize them. Sorry I couldn't help you any further.