Ratzilla

39 minutes ago, si brown said:

in an ideal world we would nail rats every time mark but it docent happen... don't think many people who shoot them regularly will deny it, they appear at all ranges! 

as for the pulling your shots... are you sure your pulling them and its not just a bit of adrenaline?!

if im full of coffee my shots go to sh1t!

I never go shooting at clubs cos there aren't any round my way but what I do a lot of is picking out stones in farm yards and the like,

shooting at different angles and ranges you need to get use to real life scenarios and with that will come confidence and a lot more rats for your photos:thumbs:

pretty sure you'll get a lot of good advice from rabid!

keep at it and the rewards will come. 

atb si 

Si, 

you banged the nail on the head mate, he aint pulling the shots, (ok maybe the odd one here and there), he's feeling pressure and adrenaline as he's not done huge amounts of quarry, and he's also not upto speed with how rats react, we all know it's a different world to looking at a paper target.

All he needs is more experience, getting out and doing it is what will calm his adrenaline down and chill him out, once he's bagged a few his breathing will settle, his pulse will get back to normal, his nerves will calm, and the shooting will be on target.

In an ideal world, we would all nail everything all the time, we would all be one shot wonders, but we both know the reality, all we can do is push ourselves to be the best we can, do the job humanely, and efficiently.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Back in the day i was taught using potatoes as a target ,rabbit head sized 1,s .A bit of fun but a small target to focus on and as you get better move them further away atb and no i dont want a slice of pie:bad:

I did this for a while. Till the Mrs realised where the spuds were going ?... apparently ‘I’m trying to find a more efficient way to mash them’ wasn’t the correct answer... ?

• Like 1

Copy the scenario on paper targets Mark.

Remember the Gofer and the hammer in your hand at the fair ground, well you`ve got the same thing with an air rifle, primos sticks and seated.

As lads we lived close to a great big opencast tip and this was our practice routine.

We borrowed a few cones from school say red, white, green.

Place them at differing close ranges, with say a rats head showing, or a rat feeding side on and a rat feeding face on ( just examples)

Have a mate call " Red" -  you`ve  10 seconds to set and shoot it - or set your own time limit. - " white !" - same again.

Do a few rounds of this and then change targets, colours around.

Do this in fading light too mate, great fun and really trains you up.  :good:

I still do this by simulating heads as you know without a time limit though.:icon_redface::laugh:

Good luck !

• Thanks 1