• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the snow myself had me first snowy dig meself today ?

Everybody round me hates it, I love it lol not a better sight than walking to an earth and see old charlies prints walking into it followed by the terrier, night go out for. The famous “couple of hour

Love it when it snows. This pic was just before new year. It came and went in 24 hr so I'm hoping it'll stay a little longer this time. 

Posted Images

No doubt they are an amazing animal and the snow tells no lies. The last week while shooting or hunting I've seen a few travelling dog foxes all looking for love.

Yesterday hounds put a fine dog fox out of covert and he ran for about a mile, turned left and left again before going to ground near where they found him. But close to the mark the pack split and they ended up all marking a couple of hundred yards apart. I'll bet the other mark was the vixen ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, neil cooney said:

No doubt they are an amazing animal and the snow tells no lies. The last week while shooting or hunting I've seen a few travelling dog foxes all looking for love.

Yesterday hounds put a fine dog fox out of covert and he ran for about a mile, turned left and left again before going to ground near where they found him. But close to the mark the pack split and they ended up all marking a couple of hundred yards apart. I'll bet the other mark was the vixen ?

Last season we where out with  the hounds and they  cold marked, dug out a vixen, the next day while out  again they picked up the dog fox hanging around the hole we took the vixen from and hunted him for miles, was about this time of year, put him to ground. 

• Like 2
On 16/01/2018 at 20:48, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

Mine with that last snowfall, I missed a day of it cause was in Scotland stalking reds, when the snow hit my girlfriend phoned laughing then just hung up lol 

48C52F68-6678-4D32-9412-8D69388DACF1.jpeg

34398B51-4EEF-4B3F-9409-FB66323F3778.jpeg

Nice looking dog mate, I like a terrier to have a good coat. 

• Like 1