• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

made the mst of it yesterday, the missus got the day off from work so my pal landed up and we had a good muck about in the snow, rather sore this morning. 

The Scottish snow was just to much for my English shed! Heard an almighty crash and thought a load of snow must of slid of the roof? Went out for a smoke and noticed my shed ?  

Posted Images

Everytime I see the weather forecast it seems to be thrashing down and blowing gales and snowing up north. It's bad enough right down south here when the morning alarm goes off and I think, why is the alarm going off in the middle of the night. What tkme does it get light up north?  On Friday I was in phone conversation with someone in Edinburgh. He said that it was snowing there. Here it was a bright sunny day. The wind had a bit of an edge to it but out of the wind it could have Been  a summers day.  I wonder how people cope both physically, mentally  and financially  when, like out in America and Canada where it is so cold and the snow is so deep that you cant throw shovel snow up on the top the pile. I did communicate with a bloke out in Maine who owned about 250 acres of woodland and he spent all summer cutting and bringing in wood to burn over the winter. That is what his life was. Working at his job as a hospital technician and cutting/collecting trees/wood to survive. Not much fun when you get old. Just had a look and sunrise is about 3/4 of an hour later in Edinburgh than Dover that  it must be depressing.

Edited by Meece
Add more infiĺl text

I suppose it allows earlier lamping. We sometimes dont get out until about 11 o'clock in the summer.  I found this,  (are there vampires up North?) (Second para. 》》 scurrying back to my rented room, like some terrified Transylvanian villager racing the fading rays of the sun and against the increasing odds of becoming vampire food as the light vanishes.)  https://www.recruiter.com/i/working-in-the-dark-coping-with-scotlands-winter-solstice/

This time of year we have been ready to start any time after after 4.30pm. Quite often Charlie is out looking for his evening meal. We'll do a tour round the General area for a couple of hours, come back, have a warm up, something to eat/drink and then have another tour Round. It just depends on the weather and if we've got to go to work next day.