• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

made the mst of it yesterday, the missus got the day off from work so my pal landed up and we had a good muck about in the snow, rather sore this morning. 

The Scottish snow was just to much for my English shed! Heard an almighty crash and thought a load of snow must of slid of the roof? Went out for a smoke and noticed my shed ?  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Snowed off work. Made myself some burgers for lunch and went a walk with the wee boy. Playing some grand theft auto now and got nice steaks for later. Can't beat a free day off work.  Still hammering down here so hopefully same tomorrow

IMG-20180116-WA0020.jpeg

20180116_124516.jpg

Proper looking good RT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I was thinking about messaging you earlier in relation to brisket. You'll probably think I'm a heathen for asking this as you are bbq king. But. You got any recipes for Texas bbq style brisket done in an oven or is bbq brisket and oven words you will never put in the same sentence?

TBH I dont cook brisket and I ain’t much  of an oven merchant the mrs In charge of all oven cooking the brisket I’ve tried to cook ain’t come to much I prefer to save brisket and steak eating for when I’m in USA I ain’t tasted nothing better on this country Maybe with exception of salt beef shop in Aldgate   Brother in law had a salt beef stall few years back cooked it for hrs and hrs . If u can get hold of any Jewish cook book a good few yrs old they got some ace recipes for salt beef shin and all the cheap cuts of meat they really now how to turn a cheap cut into a very tasty meal 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Snowed off work. Made myself some burgers for lunch and went a walk with the wee boy. Playing some grand theft auto now and got nice steaks for later. Can't beat a free day off work.  Still hammering down here so hopefully same tomorrow

IMG-20180116-WA0020.jpeg

20180116_124516.jpg

Is that a big cat lurking under the left hand tree?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, The one said:

Got a few inches here its great its only the second time since ive got the nissan pathfinder ive had to put it in four wheel drive on the roads :laugh:

We had a real bad winter about 8 years ago i had a merc and it was less than useless it wouldent even move of the spot so decided I'm going 4wd. ....it's never snowed since :laugh:

I really don't like snow. Anyone who likes it is more than welcome to my share. It is s. Right down south as far as I am we don't hardly ever get snow and if there are a few odd flakes it's  generally gone by lunch time. Wife & I took the spaniel for a walk around the orchards this afternoon and I did think of taking a picture of the pure blue sky and the Sun. The wind had a bit of an edge one side of the wood but in the Sun and out of the wind the other side it was really nice. Hat, coat, gloves one side, -V- t-shirt and shorts the other side. 

Why should anyone like snow? It's cold, wet, causes accidents, stops work, looses time and causes disruption. Still it you like the stuff don't forget, my share is available for free. Give me a day out on the spring drilling any day. Or out in the Med somewhere on a beach. 

• Like 1