Trying to work things out

I’ve seen some pretty good lurchers run , but the best of them have been a mix of bullx x coursing dog .. if I didn’t like the collie xs so much that’s what I’d have 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The litter off Haymin that me and John plus a few others is pretty much that mate.. mother BullxGrey (haymins bitch mist, you saw her at the comp in Wales father sal/grey/whip (whins dog Rex

I have 2 saluki bull greys, the brindle one only being 7 month old but has still shown me a lot of promise from a young age. The red n white one is 17 months old this being his first season and is an

This div is pretty strong and fast 

Posted Images

I think I know what your on about op and I think the waters are being muddied a little by the other posts imho 

if I read right you have a bull cross bitch and are thinking of mating her to a top class known saluki cross. 

Is that right? 

Well, I can see how that would appeal ! 

To take a bull cross to scouser , Lucas , bulldozer et all seems likely to breed a “dog for all types “ sketch , I see your logic . 

In sure buddy was bred to bull greys and threw good stuff . 

If I remember rightly scouser lined a lamping bitch also . I’ll ask the lad who has it next time I see him . 

The threads for razor on here show his offspring as very typey 

but again , logical simplicity never grew a great dog, maybe a case of too much flavour in the stock 

or put simply , maybe a bull grey couldn’t assimilate properly with the top end of the coursing spectrum. 

Or maybe the owners would be loath to mate their charges to a dog that can leather old red yet be gassed after two hares? 

Who knows ? 

But I wish you well and hope it turns out for you ! 

good quality line of bull grey what you need easy to find the coursing blood too put into it , most them lines will tackle the larger toothier stuff given half chance, you don't get even breeding and there will be waste but you should get what you want, the coursier looking the better imho, plenty stamina good feet n wind, lines are tested as should the bull line, should always be a couple of handy sorts

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, arcticgun said:

good quality line of bull grey what you need easy to find the coursing blood too put into it , most them lines will tackle the larger toothier stuff given half chance, you don't get even breeding and there will be waste but you should get what you want, the coursier looking the better imho, plenty stamina good feet n wind, lines are tested as should the bull line, should always be a couple of handy sorts

See i think thats the thing alot of coursing dogs are alright killing a few hares and the odd other thing that pops up but ive found a hell of alot of them when your giving them regular stick on stuff they can run it abit longer than needs be and wait for mistakes especially on the lamp. Seen some decent ones aswell but there few and far between.

• Like 2

A mate of mine on here has a sbg and the dog is a beaut. He’s only a young dog but he’s a cracking looking think . He’s everything you’d want out of this cross. 26/27 strong well shaped good feet guts of a bull cross wind of a saluki cross ,

shame he’s f***ing white ?

30 minutes ago, C.green said:

See i think thats the thing alot of coursing dogs are alright killing a few hares and the odd other thing that pops up but ive found a hell of alot of them when your giving them regular stick on stuff they can run it abit longer than needs be and wait for mistakes especially on the lamp. Seen some decent ones aswell but there few and far between.

you dont wanna breed from them ones then , get best you can, Id take a lurcher to enhance killing desire over someones idea of a well hard pit dog or tough bully, n reality what do they need all the bravery for a fox ? plenty little lurchers bail in and whale charlies

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Navek said:

A mate of mine on here has a sbg and the dog is a beaut. He’s only a young dog but he’s a cracking looking think . He’s everything you’d want out of this cross. 26/27 strong well shaped good feet guts of a bull cross wind of a saluki cross ,

shame he’s f***ing white ?

at least he be easy to find look for the white dog soaked in blood they tend too stand out lol

I have 2 saluki bull greys, the brindle one only being 7 month old but has still shown me a lot of promise from a young age. The red n white one is 17 months old this being his first season and is an absolute pleasure to own. He will work all day and night and will do any job asked of him. He is the best all round dog iv owned and would have another in a flash.

11EF1555-BFA6-4D88-BE29-51F068CC3282.jpeg

2EBAA6B4-763B-496A-A858-9F76EF6B8791.jpeg

8C877F4E-BBF6-496E-A494-6691CEA97FE8.jpeg

Edited by Boristheblade
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

They overrated an it’s real hard to give a good one enough graft imo Phil lots of folk can’t even imagine how much graft a well bred like that can take? never mind thrive on, I may not be as old as you but fcuk it I’ll stick with me rabbit dogs aswell??

:hmm:Now you have gone and confused me...

You say this hybrid type is overrated,...but, then maintain that... lots of folks could not give one enough graft?

C'mon now,..which is it, Sir,..... are they no fecking good, or too fecking good,...:laugh:

• Haha 3