Trying to work things out

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The litter off Haymin that me and John plus a few others is pretty much that mate.. mother BullxGrey (haymins bitch mist, you saw her at the comp in Wales father sal/grey/whip (whins dog Rex

I have 2 saluki bull greys, the brindle one only being 7 month old but has still shown me a lot of promise from a young age. The red n white one is 17 months old this being his first season and is an

This div is pretty strong and fast 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I had a big white creamy coloured bitch bred this way,  my mate still has her sister an few other mutts out the line are flying, get it right an put in the effort an he will get summat special ?

I think I remember you talking about her.

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

If u don't want her to throw anything lighter than what she is use another bull cross a sbg would almost certainly produce a lighter frame but not necessarily lighter in weight and there stronger than you think

All I want to avoid is ending up with something too whippety. I want a dog with the speed and wind to catch up with what she’s slipped on and on some big land, average field size is 100 acres here. But also something with the bone, strength and weight to look after itself.

25 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

All I want to avoid is ending up with something too whippety. I want a dog with the speed and wind to catch up with what she’s slipped on and on some big land, average field size is 100 acres here. But also something with the bone, strength and weight to look after itself.

Sbg would be ideal in my humble opinion can't say I've ever seen a field that size what does other people run where you are

22 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Sbg would be ideal in my humble opinion can't say I've ever seen a field that size what does other people run where you are

I don’t go out with anyone else here.

For fairly good reason. 

This is the land of the field driving, fence smashing, throwing saluki out the window, lad.

Im just a humble shepherd, who’s lucky enough to have a bunch of permission and quite likes wandering about at night.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I don’t go out with anyone else here.

For fairly good reason. 

This is the land of the field driving, fence smashing, throwing saluki out the window, lad.

Im just a humble shepherd, who’s lucky enough to have a bunch of permission and quite likes wandering about at night.

Fair play mate the fields I go on are like postage stamps in comparison in fact people would laugh if they seen some of the shite hole places I work dog's no one else goes on tho too dodgy they say i love it 

21 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Fair play mate the fields I go on are like postage stamps in comparison in fact people would laugh if they seen some of the shite hole places I work dog's no one else goes on tho too dodgy they say i love it 

Its been an interesting learning curve for me mate. I come from the land of the small fields and lots of forest. And rough hills.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, ginger beard said:

I got one similar breeding and f***ing never again.needy,tempermental,work shy,nervous and plain f***ing idiot.

Came from a good line of bull x and the saluki side was a grandaughter to g dickinsons 'red'.

Screenshot_2017-12-03-20-10-17.png

I could be wrong but isnt yours saluki/bull/grey on both sides ? Ive spoke to a few lads that have give these types abit of stick they reckon the best types come from bull x one side good day dog the other. Ive access to decent coursing blood its finding the right type need a strong animal that aint to small or slow and obviously would do whats expected. And most of the decent buul crosses ive seen have been small.

And sheepchaser i would go careful tarring everyone around here with that same brush. Ive met some folks even those that drive the land that show alot of respect in the way they go about things.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, C.green said:

I could be wrong but isnt yours saluki/bull/grey on both sides ? Ive spoke to a few lads that have give these types abit of stick they reckon the best types come from bull x one side good day dog the other. Ive access to decent coursing blood its finding the right type need a strong animal that aint to small or slow and obviously would do whats expected. And most of the decent buul crosses ive seen have been small.

And sheepchaser i would go careful tarring everyone around here with that same brush. Ive met some folks even those that drive the land that show alot of respect in the way they go about things.

That’s very very true of course. And I apologise if I’ve offended. But you know what I mean. Dog lads get a lot of stick down here because of the actions of some folk. It’s all just a massive hassle to be fair. So I just keep myself to myself work hard and run my dogs for relaxation and pleasure, they wouldn’t please most serious folk but they keep me happy enough. Too wet to drive these days anyhow! 

Just now, C.green said:

Aye no offence taken or given just think its worth pointing out not everyone are wannabe window slipping vandals ??

Unfortunatly they make the most noise often. Live and let live though I guess. They probably catch a lot more than I do as well lol.