Preperation and timing for the perfect ambush.

On my permissions things are quiet right now so I tend to just train Kaiser and walks.

A farm about a mile away has rape growing and pigeons are plentiful there but this particular farmer lets no one shoot - period, so the pigeons are never shot at and settled.

Anyways whilst walking and watching my grounds I`ve picked up on the times the wood pigeons lift and disperse to differing areas/ trees over on my grounds :)

11 am for a good hour onwards and then 2-30 pm for a few late to feed.

If I had not been out late morning with Kaiser the trees to the lands I have would have always appeared empty but now I know, what time to expect them, where to expect them and a hide prepared ready to take them. :good:

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

Just need some decent weather now before they move on again.

Below is the "last picture area" two years ago, Kaiser was still a pup :D

5a5cc0614f8a3_IMG_0116(1).thumb.JPG.bf71d8956ee8db40c20b4420bed10a31.JPG

• Like 6

Best looking rifle you have that Marko :) I think.

Funnily enough was looking at a 100 sporter in twenty two on Saturday... Nearly... nearly.

Exactly like yours actually.

Shooting mate. Top notch as always.

• Thanks 1

Don't hold your breath with the weather pal. I've just seen the forecast for here and it's f#*@ng w#@k all week.....50mph winds. Not too much rain just bloody wind again and again. Good luck with the woodies when you get out though pal???

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Rez said:

Best looking rifle you have that Marko :) I think.

Funnily enough was looking at a 100 sporter in twenty two on Saturday... Nearly... nearly.

Exactly like yours actually.

Shooting mate. Top notch as always.

It's beautiful. Strange thing is i was also looking at a verrry nice hw100 satday.

A sporter in twenty two at a very good price, maybe it's a sign.

• Like 1

Funny enough Mark, your first photo is a similar sight on my perm. We have a small wood which faces due south over looking rape fields. The trees are full of woodies all warming up in the sun and while I was watching them today putting a plan together the snow suddenly came with real gusto.

One spot to keep an eye on me thinks.

Phil

• Like 1