Carillion

24 minutes ago, sussex said:

You would think the management of carillon would know this Wilf ? Given the amount of work they have taken on the books at what point doesn’t someone at the contract signing end of the firm go “ hang on lads we are going to do our b0llox on this “ ... with the mountain of experienced QS’s , legal & financial experts it beggars belief you take on multi billion pound fixed price  contracts that will leave every one ( apart from the directors ) up shitcreek ....

Maybe that's the crux of it mate. They aren't concerned if it goes tits up. As long as their cut is secure f**k the rest 

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its the subbys who will bear the brunt of this collapse ordinary working folks who have had the guts to go selfemployed will be fekin crucified like the poor fekers at city-link did 3 years ago.

Talk of the government getting the taxpayer to bail them out. We already bailed the bank's out and for the past decade we have had public services cut to the bare minimum and more cuts happen every we

Posted Images

4 hours ago, scothunter said:

Talk of the government getting the taxpayer to bail them out. We already bailed the bank's out and for the past decade we have had public services cut to the bare minimum and more cuts happen every week. While these directors are still getting million + salaries basically paid by the taxpayer.

Government are very good at dishing out our cash that is meant to run our nation not for there old mates who God forbid me mght lose their jobs. However unlike the ordinary bloke  even if they did they are sitting on a fortune they can retire comfortable.

we live in a capatilst country and we shouldn't be bailing out private companies it's f***ing disgusting. They look to the public purse when they hit the skids but the same c**ts will throw there workers on the dole at the drop of a hat to boost there profits without one care how it affects them and their families. 

If the government even consider this we should all protest in the strongest way. Where the f**k does it end.

Privatised profit and nationalised risk, just like the banks :no:

1 hour ago, sussex said:

You would think the management of carillon would know this Wilf ? Given the amount of work they have taken on the books at what point doesn’t someone at the contract signing end of the firm go “ hang on lads we are going to do our b0llox on this “ ... with the mountain of experienced QS’s , legal & financial experts it beggars belief you take on multi billion pound fixed price  contracts that will leave every one ( apart from the directors ) up shitcreek ....

Yeah, but it’s like everyone says mate, those blokes know they will never loose.....it’s gin and tonics all round pal.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BGD said:

Privatised profit and nationalised risk, just like the banks :no:

In fairness, you can’t really nationalize a profitable thing......it won’t be too long before it becomes unprofitable.

Be I agree with your sentiment mate.

Why did the government continue to issue contracts, even though the company started issuing profit warnings months ago ?

The boss was paid £660,000 last year, not including a huge bonus, share options and a massive payment into his pension - while 20-odd thousand working men and women are likely going to lose their livelihoods ! 

Interserve are in trouble too... done a bit of work for them on water treatment works over the last few years, absolute pain in the ass... never work for them again...

infact I actively steer clear of any big building contractors now, they are always on a knife edge as the way they win work is on such a small margin (sometimes no margin at all) that they need to screw the subbies to build the margin in. End of contract deals on your final invoice once they've held you out on it for 90 days, and your cash flow is f****d, they know you'll do a deal just to get paid something and keep trading... contracting is a twat and most of them are robbing b*****ds... carrilion have been known as terrible payers for years, 120 days! Most small/medium firms are on 30 day credit accounts, 60 days at best, subbie labour only certainly no more than 30 days, usually 15 days, employed labour at best monthly..but you won't get paid for 120 days from the "fat cats"! f***ing disgrace...

I'd like to see all of the real big firms go and bring the contracting game back in line, or a legislation to look after the medium/small contractors best interests... a lot of old established and very good businesses go under playing with these big wankers and it's not right....

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Interserve are in trouble too... done a bit of work for them on water treatment works over the last few years, absolute pain in the ass... never work for them again...

infact I actively steer clear of any big building contractors now, they are always on a knife edge as the way they win work is on such a small margin (sometimes no margin at all) that they need to screw the subbies to build the margin in. End of contract deals on your final invoice once they've held you out on it for 90 days, and your cash flow is f****d, they know you'll do a deal just to get paid something and keep trading... contracting is a twat and most of them are robbing b*****ds... carrilion have been known as terrible payers for years, 120 days! Most small/medium firms are on 30 day credit accounts, 60 days at best, subbie labour only certainly no more than 30 days, usually 15 days, employed labour at best monthly..but you won't get paid for 120 days from the "fat cats"! f***ing disgrace...

I'd like to see all of the real big forms go and bring the contracting game back in line, or a legislation to look after the medium/small contractors best interests... a lot of old established and very good businesses go through playing with these big wankers and it's not right....

I've been there and done it, I've stuck to my guns on many occasions and got the contracts and terms I wanted, simple truth is, they need subbies and contractors, if we all held out for proper terms, they have no choice in the end.

sure I've lost work because of it, but rather not have shite work anyways, and i get that message across, 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, scothunter said:

Did this company have to bid for these contracts or did the state just give them to them for the usual promise of a seat on the board when they retire from politics?

Government contracts go out to tender. Lowest bidder gets the job. 

That's why most contracted-out public services are abysmal - you pay peanuts, you get monkeys !

12 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'd like to see all of the real big firms go and bring the contracting game back in line, or a legislation to look after the medium/small contractors best interests... a lot of old established and very good businesses go under playing with these big wankers and it's not right....

I was saying to a mate the other day, the big firms are little more than gangsters with the way they operate......in no other industry would the “just knock the sub contractor for that pile of invoices” be tolerated.

You can understand why when Germany had its building boom back years ago all the Dutch gangsters were involved......sticking guns in peoples faces etc.

What a way to conduct a modern major industry ! 

• Like 1