black ferrets

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No for me old age means i need to go the other way and have various shades of white to see the bloody things moving up hedges 

snap  

Me too. And flashing lights, bells and sirens

Posted Images

Did a bit of searching on the net last night for black ferrets and what I found was e.u. ferrets.

Iv heard about these before but know nothing about them. 

Lovely looking animal's. Does anyone keep this type.

Atb j 

On 16/01/2018 at 07:01, jetro said:

Did a bit of searching on the net last night for black ferrets and what I found was e.u. ferrets.

Iv heard about these before but know nothing about them. 

Lovely looking animal's. Does anyone keep this type.

Atb j 

Eu ferrets have been around years and they are nearly black when born, they are wilder and not easy to work with, I was gifted a Eu kit who was the darkest pug iv ever seen in forty years, three times the size of albino kits at same age, she would hide when ever I fed them, she would wag her tail side to side like a rattle snake, and bite my hand any chance she got. They need much more work put into them to tame them. I gave mine to a fella who keeps them in very large mesh cages,with pools, bushes etc  they looked about 20ft long,  he's had dna done on his stock and I believe two pairs are pure Eu and he has Eu x ferrets as well. Nice to look at but btch to handle. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Jerry71 said:

Eu ferrets have been around years and they are nearly black when born, they are wilder and not easy to work with, I was gifted a Eu kit who was the darkest pug iv ever seen in forty years, three times the size of albino kits at same age, she would hide when ever I fed them, she would wag her tail side to side like a rattle snake, and bite my hand any chance she got. They need much more work put into them to tame them. I gave mine to a fella who keeps them in very large mesh cages,with pools, bushes etc  they looked about 20ft long,  he's had dna done on his stock and I believe two pairs are pure Eu and he has Eu x ferrets as well. Nice to look at but btch to handle. 

Found a fb page about them. As you said impressive looking little animals but grow way to big for work and cam be a bit touchy. 

Interesting reading about them.

Atb j 

On 18/01/2018 at 14:26, jetro said:

Found a fb page about them. As you said impressive looking little animals but grow way to big for work and cam be a bit touchy. 

Interesting reading about them.

Atb j 

The fella who gave me my eu did try working his and they was quick and would work but when it came to boxing up they would bite, and start sulking at entrance just out of hands reach, and a large polecat can feckin hurt, iv sat and watched the fella with tame mink on this site, I wouldn't like a bite from one. It's all about putting the time in when there young I suppose.