Good job I got my eyes tested

1 hour ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Cheers. I will keep at it! 

You were out Mark and thats what counts mate

whether you got some thing or not most farmers just like to know your there mate and your putting your time in for them .

Field craft will come Mark the more your out the better you will get at it .

Its a hole different ball game shooting at night ,,,so much to learn

the biggest is the moon it will light you up like a light house every time it breaks a cloud

i keep an eye on the pray and the moon if its going to break a cloud i tend to get down low

and wait until its clouded over again before setting off again.

And if its a full moon and a clear night sky ,,,,,,,stay in dont go shooting lol

Like i say,d Mark you were out mate and not sitting in the house looking at four walls wishing you were out

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigmac 97kt said:

You were out Mark and thats what counts mate

whether you got some thing or not most farmers just like to know your there mate and your putting your time in for them .

Field craft will come Mark the more your out the better you will get at it .

Its a hole different ball game shooting at night ,,,so much to learn

the biggest is the moon it will light you up like a light house every time it breaks a cloud

i keep an eye on the pray and the moon if its going to break a cloud i tend to get down low

and wait until its clouded over again before setting off again.

And if its a full moon and a clear night sky ,,,,,,,stay in dont go shooting lol

Like i say,d Mark you were out mate and not sitting in the house looking at four walls wishing you were out

very good point and I appreciate the tips Jimmy! It was definitely good to be out. As I said to Rabid, if nothing else, I scared the buggers off... Or at least into the next field haha :rofl:

• Like 1
Just now, Mark_mjs93 said:

very good point and I appreciate the tips Jimmy! It was definitely good to be out. As I said to Rabid, if nothing else, I scared the buggers off... Or at least into the next field haha :rofl:

As rabid has say,d Mark dont rush into it

take your time no need to prove a point you had a kit you were not used to

and yes its all ways nice to bag some thing but it happens to us all mate

two of you can go out one will hit every thing he or she points at even with there eyes closed and the other may as well go home and this can go on for weeks one will one wont ,,,been there done that ,,lol

just take your time walk quietly (or learn to)

I was once given a bit of advice off a good mate

WALK WHAT EVER WAY YOU CAN AS LONG AS IT IS QUIET

YOUR IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE AND THERE IS NO ONE AROUND TO SEE OR LAUGH AT YOU :yes:

I know your heart rate quickens your breathing becomes quicker and your adrenaline is running at a 100 miles an hour

just,,,,STOP,,,calm down and move on ,

at one point i could not hit a barn door if i threw the rifle at it lol(STILL CANT:laugh:)

Rabid will keep you right

and you will get there in the end

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

As rabid has say,d Mark dont rush into it

take your time no need to prove a point you had a kit you were not used to

and yes its all ways nice to bag some thing but it happens to us all mate

two of you can go out one will hit every thing he or she points at even with there eyes closed and the other may as well go home and this can go on for weeks one will one wont ,,,been there done that ,,lol

just take your time walk quietly (or learn to)

I was once given a bit of advice off a good mate

WALK WHAT EVER WAY YOU CAN AS LONG AS IT IS QUIET

YOUR IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE AND THERE IS NO ONE AROUND TO SEE OR LAUGH AT YOU :yes:

I know your heart rate quickens your breathing becomes quicker and your adrenaline is running at a 100 miles an hour

just,,,,STOP,,,calm down and move on ,

at one point i could not hit a barn door if i threw the rifle at it lol(STILL CANT:laugh:)

Rabid will keep you right

and you will get there in the end

Cheers Jimmy, reassuring to know I’m not the only one that can lob a rifle at a barn only to miss it ?. Appreciate the advice, I’ll learn to walk a lot quieter. It’s like when I was learning to fish. You get the buzz and you make rash decisions. Need to take your time to watch the water to know what’s going on. 

• Like 1

A great read Mark.  a few years back when the Nite site  NS200 first came out

i was out  nv shooting bunnies with  it, but could not see the bunnies the problem 

was cataracts on both of my eyes,   had an eye test and was told needed an operation urgently on my right eye  with the left one to be done later over, the next six months i had both eyes done once healed

my eyesight improved 100% and now the bunnies are soon in the next world. 

atb brian

12 minutes ago, bunnyman said:

A great read Mark.  a few years back when the Nite site  NS200 first came out

i was out  nv shooting bunnies with  it, but could not see the bunnies the problem 

was cataracts on both of my eyes,   had an eye test and was told needed an operation urgently on my right eye  with the left one to be done later over, the next six months i had both eyes done once healed

my eyesight improved 100% and now the bunnies are soon in the next world. 

atb brian

Well thank bugger I didn’t have cataracts! Good to hear you got it sorted though!