Dandelion and burdock was top dog.........til that Coke nonsense came along !

We used to make liquorice water............bit of root left in a bottle of water overnight. Top refreshment for the Sunday football match on the park - small boys, jumpers for goalposts, marvellous !

• Thanks 1

I'm Ewan McGregor..........

Ted lacks what most of us take for granted. Ted has to travel many miles to find his favourite soft drink. Every day his search takes him further from home, but he only finds the precious liquids once or twice a year.  All Ted wants is a bottle of pop, from the Alpine man........but he has to settle for Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper - drinks that could make him sick............how would you feel, if this was your family ?

But it doesn't have to be this way - just one extra can, will transform Ted's life. Next time you buy soft drinks, buy an extra can, for Ted. Sent it to our TedAid collection depot, and we will change a life.

Just one can a month, one can of Irn Bru (does not contain girders), one can of Lucozade......put a smile back on a face, do it for Ted. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15
5 hours ago, TOPPER said:

better still  one bottle of water add a good dose of jiff lemon and a spoonfull of honey shake well  better than all that co2 rubbish

Took some paracetamol other day ,as had a week of head/neck ache,I don't normally take pills or drink tap water an I can see why it tasted fecking awefull!! Tea /coffee or alcohol for me ?

15 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

and some lucozade

My missus said Yup Gatorade is just like your Lucozade,is it f**k :laugh: cant remember which store we went into but they had a small UK foods shelf,i didn't recognise any of the names even of the UK's top selling tea bags or so they were advertised :blink:

7 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

I'm Ewan McGregor..........

Ted lacks what most of us take for granted. Ted has to travel many miles to find his favourite soft drink. Every day his search takes him further from home, but he only finds the precious liquids once or twice a year.  All Ted wants is a bottle of pop, from the Alpine man........but he has to settle for Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper - drinks that could make him sick............how would you feel, if this was your family ?

But it doesn't have to be this way - just one extra can, will transform Ted's life. Next time you buy soft drinks, buy an extra can, for Ted. Sent it to our TedAid collection depot, and we will change a life.

Just one can a month, one can of Irn Bru (does not contain girders), one can of Lucozade......put a smile back on a face, do it for Ted. Thank you.

any chance of a battenburg cake to go with all that pop

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

any chance of a battenburg cake to go with all that pop

See - once again us kind hearted Brits do a charitable deed, and bloody foreigners take the pi55 ! :laugh:

Actually, add a packet of Hob Nobs and a couple of buttered crumpets to all that, and you should have a perfectly balanced diet...........

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

See - once again us kind hearted Brits do a charitable deed, and bloody foreigners take the pi55 ! :laugh:

Actually, add a packet of Hob Nobs and a couple of buttered crumpets to all that, and you should have a perfectly balanced diet...........

hilarious LOL

fyi i am english and dearly miss my little sugary treats

feel free to send me a red cross box of goodies

26 minutes ago, dave88 said:

Come on lads...surely we can pool together and send Ted some home comforts haha

If it's to remind him of dear old Blighty, I'll chuck in half a pound of tripe, a post office queue and a rainy afternoon in Skeg !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2