This relentless influenza is killing me, lost time at work, sleepless nights and worst of all little energy to go hunting!

I managed a short walk for a few hours, just taking my time.
Seen a few pheasant and woodcock but never got a chance.
I did however find a spot that regular visiting wood pigeons were dropping in after a feed on a nearby rape field.
Bessy loaded with 2oz of #7&1/2 of shot soon had a few down.

IMG_20180113_142741223.jpg

U.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Underdog said:

No, catch all sorts there!;)

Get your self checked if you’ve had it a while mate one the missus mates family member has had it for  awhile They had seen a doctor and nurse over this flue ended up pneumonia and passing away and one the older people where she works has as well 

25 minutes ago, Navek said:

Get your self checked if you’ve had it a while mate one the missus mates family member has had it for  awhile They had seen a doctor and nurse over this flue ended up pneumonia and passing away and one the older people where she works has as well 

Thanks. I did have an awful night. Coughing my lungs out and I was worried about pneumonia. I googled it!

My temperature is not up too much and I will watch it. 

Thanks.

I've had it for a while now and thankfully seem to be over the hump. Not coughed up anything today. Not sure how this flu jab works but didn't want to go the antibiotic route. Tried staying in a constant temperature. Didn't seem to work. The tried and tested "starve a fever and feed a cold" did ease the coughing. I found that even if you don't have much of an appetite, a can of peach slices in syrup next to me worked well. Just a couple of mouthfuls every now and then stopped a lot of the coughing.

Hope you get over it soon Nathan.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, toxo said:

I've had it for a while now and thankfully seem to be over the hump. Not coughed up anything today. Not sure how this flu jab works but didn't want to go the antibiotic route. Tried staying in a constant temperature. Didn't seem to work. The tried and tested "starve a fever and feed a cold" did ease the coughing. I found that even if you don't have much of an appetite, a can of peach slices in syrup next to me worked well. Just a couple of mouthfuls every now and then stopped a lot of the coughing.

Hope you get over it soon Nathan.

Thank you, very kind.

Nice going U ..we have both been down with this cough/ cold thing over the last three weeks , just seem to be getting rid of it and it flairs up again ..this could turn into a medical thread U which usually gets a good laugh ..:laugh:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sussex said:

Nice going U ..we have both been down with this cough/ cold thing over the last three weeks , just seem to be getting rid of it and it flairs up again ..this could turn into a medical thread U which usually gets a good laugh ..:laugh:

Thanks.

Well now, I have nasty secretions oozing out of every orifice of my body.

I think it's swine flu, it can't be bird flu as I can't fly or lay eggs, besides the Mrs regularly calls me a swine anyway.