A24 Good Nature co2 powered trap for rats

1 hour ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

Thinking about giving one of these a spin.

Has anyone been using one to kill rats? Are they any good?

I hear nothing only bad reviews about them. Yea they work well in the Australian outback, because their ain't a ready available food source. But in and around your avearage farm yard, or chicken run, I don't think it would be as appealing. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

They come with a long-life 'lure', some kind of attractant in a bottle that screws into the top. I would say that would be next to useless against competing feeds and pellets.

I'm wondering if that was replaced with some revved-up cat food or smoked haddock - it might make the difference.

I'm sure I seen some video's on YouTube with trailcam footage where other baits were being tested in uk. Might be wrong though.

I just looked. Yes, you can swap out the baits. There also seems to be a lot of scope for disguising and adapting the trap. Dunno how efficient the co2 is in very cold weather. 

It's a lot of dough to spend on a single trap that might be crap, but I've got a feeling curiosity going to get the better of me.

People told me that the Trapline mole trap was a pile of doo-da and yet I rate it very highly and catch well with it.