HW100S leak repair????

Afternoon chaps

i,m looking for a bit of help and advice from you more knowledgeable folk please.

Yesterday using the stirrup pump I recharged my gun to just under 200bar, this morning I got the gun out for a bit of pellet testing and noticed that the pressure had dropped to almost zero !?.

I removed the cylinder and put in some more air (around about 70 bar) then disconnected the pump and straight away i could hear the air escaping from the fill port, even with the dust plug in place it was still losing air quickly.

I did a search on several forums and one piece of advice was to completely empty the cylinder and recharge which sometimes can work, now I did try this but unfortunately it's not worked☹️.

I have managed to remove the fill port/manometer section from the cylinder to see if the o ring was damaged , now I probably don't know exactly what im looking for but the o ring looks to be ok.

I have tried a search to try and find a diagram/schematic of the internals of this part but have so far drawn a blank!

I've attached a picture which shows the part, can someone please tell me what the brass screw is for and can it be removed?

Also if it can be removed are there any more o rings in this which i should be checking?

Any help or info is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

Steve

IMG_1674.JPG

7 minutes ago, vizlauk said:

Chances are you need to put it back together, and fill it from a charging cylinder giving it a good sharp blast of air , not a pump!

Thanks very much for the info mate, there's a Rfd quite local to me (swillington shooting supplies) who do a cylinder recharge for two quid so I'll give it a go?

Cheers

Steve

Screw the bottle off and look into block there a pin with a small oring on it it mite be that or if you fill gun spit on were filler is see if it bubbles then it' the oring on the part you have took off

9 minutes ago, pav said:

Screw the bottle off and look into block there a pin with a small oring on it it mite be that or if you fill gun spit on were filler is see if it bubbles then it' the oring on the part you have took off

Thanks mate

i shall give that a try?

14 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Off subject Steve , I’m not too far from swilly guns. Do you know how much they charge for a 7 ltr bottle filled ?.

I've no idea mate , I called in for the first time whilst I was passing and asked the guy if they do air refills, he told me that it was £2 , now I don't know if that was for just the gun cylinder or a 3,4 ,7 or 12  dive bottle, there's always Robin Hood water sports at birstall, I might be wrong but according to their website they do refills on dive bottles, not too sure on cost though so maybe the cost might be on website

hope this helps pal

regards

Steve

8 minutes ago, philpot said:

I completely agree with Viz, it is a sharp blast of air that is sometimes needed to clear the problem. £2 for a gun refill is bloody expensive, pop over to Redbeck Shooting, they will sort it for you.

https://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/

Phil

Hi Phil

Just seen your post mate, now I'm not sure if the £2 charge is just for the rifle cylinder or the dive bottle,

It may be worth giving them a call?, if it's £2 for the dive bottle it does sound a good price.

Cheers mate

Steve

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

I completely agree with Viz, it is a sharp blast of air that is sometimes needed to clear the problem. £2 for a gun refill is bloody expensive, pop over to Redbeck Shooting, they will sort it for you.

https://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/

Phil

Phil 

I,m probably spoilt for choice , I have Henry Kranks, Swillington shooting supplies , Redbeck and Robin Hood water sports all within a 15 minute car ride away, I'll suss out the cheapest for the future?

Atb

Steve

4 hours ago, Steviec said:

Afternoon chaps

i,m looking for a bit of help and advice from you more knowledgeable folk please.

Yesterday using the stirrup pump I recharged my gun to just under 200bar, this morning I got the gun out for a bit of pellet testing and noticed that the pressure had dropped to almost zero !?.

I removed the cylinder and put in some more air (around about 70 bar) then disconnected the pump and straight away i could hear the air escaping from the fill port, even with the dust plug in place it was still losing air quickly.

I did a search on several forums and one piece of advice was to completely empty the cylinder and recharge which sometimes can work, now I did try this but unfortunately it's not worked☹️.

I have managed to remove the fill port/manometer section from the cylinder to see if the o ring was damaged , now I probably don't know exactly what im looking for but the o ring looks to be ok.

I have tried a search to try and find a diagram/schematic of the internals of this part but have so far drawn a blank!

I've attached a picture which shows the part, can someone please tell me what the brass screw is for and can it be removed?

Also if it can be removed are there any more o rings in this which i should be checking?

Thanks in advance 

Steve

IMG_1674.JPG

Any one any idea what the brass screw is for ??????

Thanks

On 13/01/2018 at 20:05, Steviec said:

Any one any idea what the brass screw is for ??????

Thanks

Inside is a spring valve & O ring.

If your cylinder is leaking, it mabe the O ring perished and sticking, not letting the valve do it's work, hence why it's leaking?

On 13/01/2018 at 15:39, Steviec said:

Afternoon chaps

Thanks in advance 

Steve

IMG_1674.JPG

Was the O ring hard?