Rabbit Curry

• 2 weeks later...

On 22/01/2018 at 19:30, Flacko said:

What dog is mick putting to the bitch mate atb Flacko 

A Lakeland type mate..its a friend of his dog on the Isle of Man, but I've not seen it.. similar type to the bitch I believe..

mickys is Lakeland x Russel type  (you know the sorts mate) 

they should make good ratch around dogs, ratting, bushing and ferreting.. the father to the bitch starting going to ground so was gifted to a bloke for that game, has done ok from what I've heard.. 

are you looking for a terrier?

Edited by NEWKID
20 minutes ago, rabbit demon said:

That curry looks well nice. I Lke a rabbit korma or Mediterranean stew myself. Thats what it should be about, self sufficiency  and having the craic while doing. 

Cheers mate..

agree with self sufficiency too, I'm aiming more and more towards that.. might be a pipe dream but I'm gonna give it a go!

• Like 1

Newkid, just wondered it’s always handy to put a out& out rabbit dog to her as you say I don’t think it’s wise to putting a digging terrier to ferrreting dog as can cause you probs dropping in ,that little terrier you had what you done the video on in the hedge was a cracker worth showing the newcomers the link to that vid atb Flacko or just repost it ?.

1 hour ago, Flacko said:

Newkid, just wondered it’s always handy to put a out& out rabbit dog to her as you say I don’t think it’s wise to putting a digging terrier to ferrreting dog as can cause you probs dropping in ,that little terrier you had what you done the video on in the hedge was a cracker worth showing the newcomers the link to that vid atb Flacko or just repost it ?.

Agreed mate, both these dogs are similar sorts.. the little terrier bitch worked in a very similar way to that old terrier of mine, which is what I hope a pup off her may turn out like.

my old one never once went to ground, which suited me fine, I've been out with a few terriers rabbiting and come the end of the day the disappearing act happens! Pain in the ass!

but terriers are terriers so you never know!

ill see if I can find that old video, SeanC turned all David Attenborough on me that day lol..

• Like 1