Wild boar bit mans fingertip off

3 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

Nope, I walked through a hedge yesterday and beside me were two Hinds who just sat there looking at me. The farmer would have thanked me for taking them out. 

But why ? What would I have done ? Killed a freezer load of venison just for the hell of it ? 

That is not why I go hunting .

Walking the ground can make a hunting trip into a nature ramble or photography trip instead, especially now I'm older .

but if I was over there an was offered the chance I would not hesitate ,as it's a form of pest control that I would not often be given opportunity to.

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The likes of that video is a lot of what's wrong with fieldsports nowadays. By calling that sport it makes people think that's what sport is. Nowadays lads think infra-red, night vision, electric call

Nothing a bottle of lucozade won't fix

good job he wasnt having a piss  . could have bit his todger off.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

Nope, I walked through a hedge yesterday and beside me were two Hinds who just sat there looking at me. The farmer would have thanked me for taking them out. 

But why ? What would I have done ? Killed a freezer load of venison just for the hell of it ? 

That is not why I go hunting .

It isn't hunting it's pest control. I'm happy to walk round and pot the odd pigeon with the gun and dog but if the farmer wants me to decoy 100+ off his rape that's what I have to do and this is the same, it's the most efficient way.

• Like 1

If a farmer had thousands of rabbits on a farm and asked for them to be culled ASAP by whatever means possible there would be queue's around the block,this is just the next level,wild hogs cause $1.5 billion dollars worth of damage to crops a year stateside,the state of texas where hog-chopper hunts are most popular is several times larger than the UK,thats a lot of area to cover,choppers are just another tool in the pest-controllers armoury.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

the damn things eat the deer also,well they eat anything that gets in their way

shoot em,shoot em all

That's very true. They didn't mention them but they must also compete with the bighorn sheep that inhabit the strip. Time to start planning a hunt I reckon!

20 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

That's very true. They didn't mention them but they must also compete with the bighorn sheep that inhabit the strip. Time to start planning a hunt I reckon!

i wonder if i am allowed in the states??

i do like the lay of the land down your way,makes a bit of a change from stubble fields

10 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i wonder if i am allowed in the states??

i do like the lay of the land down your way,makes a bit of a change from stubble fields

Not sure how the visas work from your end to mine but I do know that there are practically no regulations on pest control for feral hogs on the Arizona strip. That's about 40 miles from where I'm sat at it's nearest. AZ Fish & Game want them gone. Period! :thumbs:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mackem said:

Canucks sail through the land border crossings,no visa needed :thumbs:

i aint no canuck mate,i might try to be a redneck every now and then

10 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

True but is Ted a Canadian citizen? If not does he have any restrictions on his movements? :hmm:

:hmm: