Non payment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I issued a small claim for £250 including a fee of £25.

she offered £100 for the work done for mice trapping in the loft and garage over two visits.

At issue is three missed appointments for which she says I have no evidence, rather than denying they took place, plus traps and bait boxes still on the premises.

She did acknowledge that I had done the work over two visits and the previous work 18 months ago.

I had done work previously, about 18 months ago and she paid in response to an emailed invoice to her works via BACS.

Question is, do I proceed further with court action where it is my word against hers?

Her defence statement is not well thought out and a judge would probably see through it.

Curiously she states she is a recruitment consultant rather than the MD  of a transport company and she has a linkedin profile stating that, not sure why other than to try to plead some kind of poverty, the income she gives is £1 in each of the income boxes.

Probably earning too  much to let on.

I have taken one company and one carpenter to small claims before, not pest control so I know the procedure.

If she had to appear in court it would be a day as it would be for me. A time sink.

Edited by jackg
clarification

Even if you lost in court you'd still get your gear back if you asked the judge to make it part of the settlement.

If you're negotiating ask  for 200 and your gear otherwise the press might just find out about the pending court case.  She has alot more to loose than you.