Odd things you have found....

A few years ago there was a leñgth of quite heavy steel tube in a hedge on the farm. It was dented and twisted. Turned out to have been the tailpipe of a v1 doodlebug that had been there from war days. One year the scrap price was high and someone had it away.

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found a 20mm cannon shell from a spitfire while walking a plough with my dog....made a catapult with it, could be the only catapult responsible for taking out a Messerschmitt 109

Found these at work recently

Not if you read the air gun section mate 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, delboy_187 said:

Mist nets .there using to tra finches

Yes mate,when I stumbled across it I thought why put a feeding station on the edge of a field of thistles,then when I found the poles and tension wires I clicked on :thumbs:

P1030293.JPG

9 hours ago, jetro said:

Did you find out anything about them rabid. Looks very interesting. 

Atb j

Yeah, we had to stop works and get archaeologists down to check the site, a group of them were there for a few weeks uncovering stuff, they believe it all dates back to the 12th century, found an old stone oven and think it was the site of a great hall type of thing, as I say it was very recent so no firm answers yet, the skeletons were removed and have gone away for carbon dating to give a better idea on age, had they been less than 100 year old police would have been involved as well.

this is the brief summary from the archaeologists we had in. Not sure why the kept the skeletons out of it though.

https://www.explorethepast.co.uk/2017/12/find-of-the-month-december/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i found an imaculate  pair of puma baseball boots on a tree stump in the woods that were exactly the same as the ones I had on only mine were well f****d and they were my size ,left the f****d ones on the tree stump and went home with my new ones  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not long ago found a bag in the hedge row I was walking past covered in tarp to make it water proof looked inside seen a Louis vutorn design of some sort zipped it straight up thinking I've found loads of stolen goods took it down to my vechicle drive it away had another look full of  He most random shite ever glass tile samples clubland classic cds rubber gloves girls shorts a small speaker lots of shower gel think it was kids raving bag for from the summer bag was a fake aswell and one of the worst fakes I ever seen lol

When my brother was only a lad him and he’s mate where out ferreting . Anyway digging about the come across the metal object so they started digging around it . A local man walks past and says what have you found lads so they show him . He goes white says get away anyways turns out it’s an old WW2 bomb 

18 hours ago, scothunter said:

I want a goldie mule as a pet. But you think I can find one up here. Been trying for years now. Tempted to try catch a real Goldie lol

When I was a kid and new no better, we would take one egg from finch,s nest,s and run to the local canary blokes house he,d give us a couple of Bob and hatch them under the canary,s, bully,s and goldies being the most sought after, they would then ring them as captive bred birds when they hatched 

Was out poach8ng some pheasant week or so ago got to the edge of a road pitch black turn round to see an old woman sitting in a hedge she popped out and asked me what i was doing ...........i fecking shit my self and never moved so fast in my life .. even let out a little scream ?