HW100s pellet test

Well as some of you may know I recently became the proud owner of a pre owned mint condition Hw100s in 177 flavour, Mitch (villaman) kindly sent me some AA express to try out , Jimmy (bigmac) also did the same but JSB heavies along with the loan of his single load mag?.

I had been planning to visit a range quite local to give the gun a good try out and also test out the pellets but for one reason or another i haven't been able to get down, however, i did manage to do some practice today while the Mrs took the grandkids out for the day.

I nipped down to the local RFD and picked up a pellet trap and some targets, built up a safe backstop in the garden and measured out 25 yards and away I went.

Below are a couple of pics,  it's certainly not the most accurate marksmanship you'll ever see (I definitely need to put in plenty more practice.)

I was really happy with the groupings and the gun is certainly FAR, FAR more capable than I am, to say I'm happy with it is an understatement, in fact it's bl**dy fantastic ?!!!!!!.

As Mitch advised i shall be trying the pellets out at varying distances because at 25 yards there's seems to be nothing in it between the two.

Once again many thanks to Mitch and Jimmy?.

Atb

Steve

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

• Like 4

They are very respectable groups steve?

One little tip that Mark on here mentioned to me when I had my 100 was to give the loading side of the magazine the very lightest spray of oil like Napier and I mean just a very light mist then load it and the group's will come in even tighter pal?

Nice one stevie, while your testing pellets try out some bizley magnums aswell as the others mate, in my hw100 the bizleys work better than any other at long and short range, theres a few other lads on here that get great results with them aswell.

Atb.

• Like 1

Well after  managing to sort out the air leak on the HW100s i thought I might try out some H&N FTT pellets which the previous owner said he preferred, a few tweaks on the scope after my previous attempts, and taking my time I put a full mag through and am REALLY pleased with the results, 

IMG_1678.thumb.JPG.46004f7b68838b411d487461038490a3.JPG

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rabid said:

That's nice and tidy, just what I would expect from a hw

Your Right there Rabid

if you miss with a hw100 its you not the rifle

it can give a fouls impression to some that they are sniper class shooters lol

its that good

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Your Right there Rabid

if you miss with a hw100 its you not the rifle

it can give a fouls impression to some that they are sniper class shooters lol

its that good

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yeah I have one mate, it's in a class of its own, any stray shots are pellet or operator error.

• Like 1