Foxes with HMR

As many know, I really dont like the hmr, however my personal preferences aside, every fox I have seen shot with an hmr dropped on the spot, six fuc*in rounds to finish a fox, not that I would of course....... but I reckon I could finish a red stag with less at a sensible range, what a to**er. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rabid said:

6 rounds to stop a fox, dunno about wrap it round a tree, he needs it shoving up his arse.

I can only see a few reasons that could be.

pushing ranges too far.

was shooting on the fly, moving target

Problem with gun/scope or ammo

couldnt shoot.

Or option E: All of the above. Sometimes a fox doesn't know its dead, but 6 shots is a joke. 

17 hours ago, delswal said:

Why do you cringe? It can go tits up with any calibre if shooter cannot shoot 

True but it's more marginal with a small calibre bullet with  low energy.

Search Youtube and you'll find at least several people shooting wild boar with a .22LR. Doesn't mean it's a good idea. HMR is ok on fox at sensible range in expert hands. Luckily, Deker can shoot accurately and place it well.

Well done mate , nice to see . I struggle to believe the 6 shots though , something went slightly wrong there !

I've shot several foxes at sub 65yrds with a .22lr , that have dropped on the spot , a handy tool in my opinion as is the .17

There is a correct tool for every occasion though.

the problem was the shot was taken about 120 yards.smashed the front leg but it still went like f*** turning and jumping.each shot to try and stop it was getting further and further away on a windy night.just to clarify not six hits.as soon as that fox make 200 + on a windy night going like a train it made life hard.not a nice experience to witness.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, zx10mike said:

the problem was the shot was taken about 120 yards.smashed the front leg but it still went like f*** turning and jumping.each shot to try and stop it was getting further and further away on a windy night.just to clarify not six hits.as soon as that fox make 200 + on a windy night going like a train it made life hard.not a nice experience to witness.

Poop happens.