Fur fish & game

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't drink tea ?!? Good god..........what kind of Englishman are you ?  What do you do at times of crisis, for goodness sake ? I make tea even when I've no time to drink it ! You'll be telli

if i have the misfortune of bumping into a canadian i have never met and they hear my accent.they will politely ask if i am Australian, i reply "i am english" and they retort "oh all my family ar

I get asked that a lot. The default response is "are you from Australia?" I was asked by a conservative gentleman, yesterday, why I have a Union flag patch on my BA. I replied, "because I'm Engli

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

noooooooooooooooooooooo the temperature has PLUMMETED TO -12C

OMG T shirt weather

whats with the panic buying?

airport delays..........the world is ending

Some trains stopping running at 10am,reduced services on other lines :blink:Flights cancelled?f**k sakes,we took off last week in -14'ish?Truck comes up,sprays some form of de-icer on the wings,plane taxis out and we take off on time,for a nation who'se renown for chatting about the weather we don't handle it well,its nippy outside not exactly human ice-lolly temps,my missus watched the doom and gloom ice-age news and said why not just have a cup of tea,that usually solves everything here :laugh:

13 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

OMG T shirt weather

crazy brits

:icon_eek:

Ted, Ted, Ted.................let me show you my garden this morning, and you'll appreciate what we're up against ! Not so funny now, eh ?   ;)

IMG_20180227_093157.thumb.jpg.89fb02cc6ca923e0073de86fad0173b9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

OMG T shirt weather

crazy brits

:icon_eek:

When I lived 'down that London', I worked with a Swedish woman who told me, in all seriousness, that "back home, we measure snow in metres. If less than 30cm is due, local forecasts don't bother mentioning it." Imagine that attitude here !! :huh:

Question for you (and anyone else not in UK)............does your local TV news encourage you to send in pictures of snow, or does that just happen here ?

1 hour ago, Blackbriar said:

When I lived 'down that London', I worked with a Swedish woman who told me, in all seriousness, that "back home, we measure snow in metres. If less than 30cm is due, local forecasts don't bother mentioning it." Imagine that attitude here !! :huh:

Question for you (and anyone else not in UK)............does your local TV news encourage you to send in pictures of snow, or does that just happen here ?

only when we get snow in may june july august September,they ask for photos

otherwise nope

2 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

They ask for it in the south of the state because anything over a scattering is fairly uncommon but there are several ski resorts in the state too so it's not really something they ask for. NOAA severe weather warnings usually come with a warning not to travel.