Fur fish & game

7 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

At least you're maintaining SOME standards, I suppose. But (just for the record) only dreary Cockneys in EastEnders say "cuppa"...............:tongue2:

You could try introducing hot Bovril drinks - that should f*** 'em up...........a whole bunch ! :laugh:

Bovril is banned in the colonies last I checked. Something about mad cows. :hmm:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't drink tea ?!? Good god..........what kind of Englishman are you ?  What do you do at times of crisis, for goodness sake ? I make tea even when I've no time to drink it ! You'll be telli

if i have the misfortune of bumping into a canadian i have never met and they hear my accent.they will politely ask if i am Australian, i reply "i am english" and they retort "oh all my family ar

I get asked that a lot. The default response is "are you from Australia?" I was asked by a conservative gentleman, yesterday, why I have a Union flag patch on my BA. I replied, "because I'm Engli

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

At least you're maintaining SOME standards, I suppose. But (just for the record) only dreary Cockneys in EastEnders say "cuppa"...............:tongue2:

You could try introducing hot Bovril drinks - that should f*** 'em up...........a whole bunch ! :laugh:

thats waaay better

ok pet peeves

canucks shorten ok to K,seriously they do

then they drugged a deer out of the bush,my reply is how much meth did it take,blank stare back

seeing the provincial head of educations photo ABOVE the queens.that really pi$$es me off.

gas stations instead of fuel/petrol stations.

they give you directions in miles or fractions of(the damn speedo is in KMHs) and north west east south

they think bud light is the best beer out there.

they rear/eat how much pork and you cant find a decent pork sausage anywhere

how many canadians does it take to change a light bulb.......none but it takes 5 of them to decide who's turn it is to call an electrician

now off to cook my supper since its 5pm here..................

edit

they measure how much rain they have ie 7/10ths of an inch

i laugh when they say this as we (in the UK) measure by how many fckn days it hasnt stopped raining

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

thats waaay better

ok pet peeves

canucks shorten ok to K,seriously they do

then they drugged a deer out of the bush,my reply is how much meth did it take,blank stare back

seeing the provincial head of educations photo ABOVE the queens.that really pi$$es me off.

gas stations instead of fuel/petrol stations.

they give you directions in miles or fractions of(the damn speedo is in KMHs) and north west east south

they think bud light is the best beer out there.

they rear/eat how much pork and you cant find a decent pork sausage anywhere

how many canadians does it take to change a light bulb.......none but it takes 5 of them to decide who's turn it is to call an electrician

now off to cook my supper since its 5pm here..................

edit

they measure how much rain they have ie 7/10ths of an inch

i laugh when they say this as we (in the UK) measure by how many fckn days it hasnt stopped raining

Mate I'm with you on most of those !

Anyone's picture above Her Majesty is enough to have you taken outside and shot, as far as I'm concerned !

The only things that operate on gas are cookers and boilers !

Nothing wrong with miles..........f*** kilometres ! Moving on.........

How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb ? 3 ! One to hold the bulb and two to turn the ladder !

Just to give us an idea of their mindset, if they go into a toilet, where one fella is already taking a pee, is it acceptable to stand at the urinal next to him ???? :laugh:

And finally...........supper at 5pm ? Oh dear...............and we wonder what happened to the Empire !!!!

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Just to give us an idea of their mindset, :laugh:

if i have the misfortune of bumping into a canadian i have never met and they hear my accent.they will politely ask

if i am Australian, i reply "i am english" and they retort "oh all my family are english" :icon_eek:

then one might ask how i ended up here....my reply (mood pending) "i spun the globe of misfortune "

that tends to confuse a few lol

my bad...............

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
On 2/20/2018 at 17:00, Ted Newgent said:

if i have the misfortune of bumping into a canadian i have never met and they hear my accent.they will politely ask

if i am Australian, i reply "i am english" and they retort "oh all my family are english" :icon_eek:

then one might ask how i ended up here....my reply (mood pending) "i spun the globe of misfortune "

that tends to confuse a few lol

my bad...............

I get asked that a lot. The default response is "are you from Australia?"

I was asked by a conservative gentleman, yesterday, why I have a Union flag patch on my BA. I replied, "because I'm English."

He went into a bit of a rant about how it was wrong because this is America, dammit.

I told him that the state of Nevada couldn't get any quality employees so they had to hire in some cheap foreign imports.

He was not impressed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I get asked that a lot. The default response is "are you from Australia?"

I was asked by a conservative gentleman, yesterday, why I have a Union flag patch on my BA. I replied, "because I'm English."

He went into a bit of a rant about how it was wrong because this is America, dammit.

I told him that the state of Nevada couldn't get any quality employees so they had to hire in some cheap foreign imports.

He was not impressed...

Ha way to go mate

it throws them for a loop

have you had the "immigrant" conversation were they say you are ok cause you aint like the "others"

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ted Newgent said:

Ha way to go mate

it throws them for a loop

have you had the "immigrant" conversation were they say you are ok cause you aint like the "others"

I was in a ROOTS last week looking for gloves,old guy rummaging through the caps next to me tried to draw me into conversation,said "Look at that ROOTS on the cap but made in china" I said nowt to do with me mate,i am English,he didn't say another word :laugh: every f****r in Canada is an immigrant,everyone,packed full of orientals,arabs,africans,europeans,the league of nations but orientals head it in Ottawa.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

I was in a ROOTS last week looking for gloves,old guy rummaging through the caps next to me tried to draw me into conversation,said "Look at that ROOTS on the cap but made in china" I said nowt to do with me mate,i am English,he didn't say another word :laugh: every f****r in Canada is an immigrant,everyone,packed full of orientals,arabs,africans,europeans,the league of nations but orientals head it in Ottawa.

i got drawn into one at a job site.

some older fella started spouting about immigrants etc i hadnt opened my mouth yet,he just assumed i was canuck.

short story the plumber dragged me away LOL

old bugger only had love for himself

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i got drawn into one at a job site.

some older fella started spouting about immigrants etc i hadnt opened my mouth yet,he just assumed i was canuck.

short story the plumber dragged me away LOL

old bugger only had love for himself

You would love it here at the minute,everyones panicking as this week temps might dip down as far as -8 :laugh: its T-shirt and shorts weather over there 8)

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

You would love it here at the minute,everyones panicking as this week temps might dip down as far as -8 :laugh: its T-shirt and shorts weather over there 8)

-3 yesterday

-8 at the mo. Barely got the heating on 

time to break out the open toed wellies

i just read you are getting a blast if cold artic air lol

?

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

All the time! :D

Most of the old timers are alright though. Spend a bit of time on the range with them and they're all offering to give you a reference to immigration! :laugh:

• Haha 1
On 2/25/2018 at 12:19, mackem said:

noooooooooooooooooooooo the temperature has PLUMMETED TO -12C

OMG T shirt weather

whats with the panic buying?

airport delays..........the world is ending

crazy brits

:icon_eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1