Terrier bloat

I'm having trouble guys. My 12 month old Patterdale has started getting snappy around food and he is gulping it down in seconds and bloating. My girlfriend had had to squeeze him a few times to burp it out or make him sick and today he ate so quick and bloated he was crying in pain. My girlfriend was brought up around terriers and she said if she did that squeeze him a bit tonight he would of died. I. Trying to figure out how to stop him gulping air, she has said a maze bowl should help him slow down. Any suggestions guys? I got three young terriers and at meal times they are fed In three separate bowls. 

He's on James wellbeloved but he has definitely lost weight and suddenly started scoffing. To be fair it was a shit home he came from, he couldn't even walk properly when I got him, a right sorry state. He's  a lovely dog so hate to see him causing himself problems by being a pig. It's not like he has to compete for food here. 

I've had him on this because anything else was running straight through him but might just be down to the poor condition he was in. Any suspicions what the weight loss may be? I'll give these ideas a go thank you lads. If my dogs are  happy I'm happy. 

14 minutes ago, darrren said:

I've had him on this because anything else was running straight through him but might just be down to the poor condition he was in. Any suspicions what the weight loss may be? I'll give these ideas a go thank you lads. If my dogs are  happy I'm happy. 

Could the weight loss be down to his activity levels rising now he's settled in and recovered from the poor treatment in his previous home? Try upping his feed a bit maybe? Though if you do that I'd split it into 2 meals considering the problems he has with wolfing his food down.