vfr400boy

Fur and feather

So me and my daughter went to our local fur n feather sale ( not been for years ) , my wife told us not to bloody buy out , anyway we got 2 budgies and a breeding box for the grand total of £15 ! 

Just wanted to know if I have a pair they come from different sellers and i was told she picked a cock and hen , 

IMG_5542.JPG

They could be last years they don't look old they still have that fresh look about them.best of luck with them.

• Like 1

Thanks it was little lass that wants um , she was straight up and dressed this morning asking if she can go feed and check them , 

they is a nest box on the side of the cage do I just leave them to it ? 

14 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Thanks it was little lass that wants um , she was straight up and dressed this morning asking if she can go feed and check them , 

they is a nest box on the side of the cage do I just leave them to it ? 

I always used to put the nest box's in around the end of December, make sure it's a proper budgie bowl and put some grit in.

• Like 1

Do bit research, even buy the wee lassie a book or summat pal, got to nurture a kids curiosity of animals an having a clutch off them will teach her everything from patience to husbandry, best a luck with them 😀

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Do bit research, even buy the wee lassie a book or summat pal, got to nurture a kids curiosity of animals an having a clutch off them will teach her everything from patience to husbandry, best a luck with them 😀

Got a my first budgie book ordered, they was an impulse buy I have to admit , am not to fussed about breeding them there just pets but would be nice to get her in to them let her watch a clutch grow up , she is in to my ferrets and has shown them and done very well 

• Like 1

Deffo keep her at it mate, I got 4 kids 2 are animal mad an 2 ain’t fussed but one the 2 that’s animal mad is a pure natural aswell, it’s a nice hobby for em to have it will keep em busy 😀 am a busy kid equals a happy parents 😂

• Like 2

IMO it's the best way to show kids responsibility . They want them they have to look after them. If they don't then the pets go. It also teaches them the lessons of life and death. Something they don't learn in school .

• Like 2

She loves the ferrets and is doing quite well at the shows with them all good fun , think I will make a small flight out in garden for her birds 

IMG_4417.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So the hen now has a blue bit ! So I think I have 2 cocks ha , any one in Yorkshire who has a spare hen or wants a cock let me know 

6 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

So the hen now has a blue bit ! So I think I have 2 cocks ha , any one in Yorkshire who has a spare hen or wants a cock let me know 

Stick a pic up of them I'm sure I've seen the odd hen go a little blue before going brown.

• Like 1