JSB .177 heavy pellet users

Right guys...

Ive always liked these pellets and have previonsly had my zero set to 30 meters which allows me to shoot out to shoot out to 70 meters to paper.

Ive just got a new stock and it needs re zeroing,

with your expert knowledge and trail n error in the field what have you found to be the best zero for optimal trajectory?

The gun is a daystate regal .177 shooting at 11.4 fpe on average

Many thanks

FF

4 hours ago, philpot said:

Ooooh you are clever Si, I just fail each time I try with Chairgun. I might need a trip to Scarborough for some expert tuition.

Phil

its always going to be more or less on with a sub 12 but when your using the impact at high energy levels you've got to work out your own bc!

check out the lads who use chairgun or strelok on youtube, 700+yards and hitting consistently !

nowt clever about it, you need a tape measure and a calculator. 

atb si 

• Like 1

My Daystate Mk3 is running around 11.6 - I find a zero at 38yrds works quite well.

This picture is my impact points on an AMX reticle a x10 mag.

I prefer to do it this way because I'm too div for all that technical stuff - I just can't get my head round it.

IMG_20180109_190326.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

My Daystate Mk3 is running around 11.6 - I find a zero at 38yrds works quite well.

I prefer to do it this way because I'm too div for all that technical stuff - I just can't get my head round it.

IMG_20180109_190326.jpg

haha... im no rocket scientist jon!!

im just really lazy and screen shot the mil mapping :laugh:fullsizeoutput_1c6.thumb.jpeg.2dd8f95be068308b984c4b0f92014e9f.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

IMG_20180109_190326.jpg

Are you sure you thats is your drawing and not Marks :laugh:

• Haha 1

Cheers guys.

Most helpful. But i did notice on si browns graph that the scope hieght is different can just about get a fag paper between scope n barrel. 37mm from center of barrel to center of scope.

Does this mean (closer to the barrel) a loopier trajectory? Because the ft boys use high mounts (flater trajectory)?

FF

With these pellets and Bisley Magnums in 4.52, which have a similar trajectory in my R10, I zero at 40 yards which gives me a zero at 20, 1 mil dot hold under at 30, one mil dot hold over at 50 and 2 mil dots at 60 yards. These are very accurate in my R10 but not so much in my Wildcat, which only really likes JSB Diablo in 4.53, but I like a heavier pellet

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:10, Furrosious ferreter said:

Right guys...

Ive always liked these pellets and have previonsly had my zero set to 30 meters which allows me to shoot out to shoot out to 70 meters to paper.

Ive just got a new stock and it needs re zeroing,

with your expert knowledge and trail n error in the field what have you found to be the best zero for optimal trajectory?

The gun is a daystate regal .177 shooting at 11.4 fpe on average

Many thanks

FF

Hi FF,

I can`t speak for heavy pellets but for an average .177 pellet ( 8.4 g ? ) I zero at 38 yds.

From approx` 9.7 yds to 38.3 yds the pellet stays within a one inch kill zone in it`s flight and will hit bulls eye/ dead centre, at 16 yds and 35 yds .

A good rule of thumb to work with plus, I too, rarely shoot further than 40 yds.

IMG_0828.JPG.f4df104c315a5582a9f84dee8e81fb58.JPG

Hope this helps any  :thumbs: